Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 09 Jan 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Workplace banter could soon be a thing of the past if draft legislation currently before a senate inquiry is passed – and the proposal has sparked outrage among Australia’s top legal minds...
  • Robert Cooper | 09 Jan 2013, 12:45 PM Agree 0
    My understanding is that this has always been the case under common law so what really is the difference? With freedom of speech comes responsibility and respect for others. Where it does not has come under harassment and bullying along with discrimination anyway. At least this is making it more specific.
  • Graeme | 09 Jan 2013, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    Wow. Let us hope that New Zealand legislators do not hear of this one and copy it. I remember once working in the Wellington office of an Australian company and the (anti) Sexual Harrassment Polcy book that I had to read/sign off that I had read was a full, large ringbinder!
  • Tony | 09 Jan 2013, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    I agree Robert, this is nothing more than a "firming up" of laws that already exist.

It won't end banter as we know it.

The question I want answered though is who killed Cock Robin?
  • Kerry Plowright | 10 Jan 2013, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    Who killed Cock Robin!!! I'm offended, under the new act for saying this I will be able to sue you - get the picture. Daahhh...
  • Robert Cooper | 10 Jan 2013, 03:20 PM Agree 0
    Kerry,

I think Tony was trying to say, was it Robin who killed the Rooster?

Perhaps the banter needs to be more politically correct terminology to avoid offending some. Short people now need to be called "vertically challenged". Bald people "Folically challenged" etc.

This how to manage such workplace banter into the future.
Post a reply