Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 26 Feb 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
As details of the job roles potentially affected by QBE's offshoring plans are revealed, Insurance Business understands the insurer hinted to brokers just days ago it would be making drastic company changes.
  • Still Cranky | 26 Feb 2013, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    "A QBE broker has revealed the Australian insurer revealed to brokers..." ?? What exactly is a QBE broker? An agent for QBE? A broker who doesn't know he's a broker? A QBE employee who thinks he's a broker? Maybe a journalist who doesn't know the difference between a broker and an insurer?
  • The West Australian Broker Perspective | 26 Feb 2013, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    If the QBE job losses ring true, then shame on QBE. Perhaps it is time to remind the faceless Managers at QBE that when they talk about "return for shareholders" they are in the business of providing a service to customers.

It is hard enough now talking with centralised claims unit on the east coast from here when you have a problem, I don't fancy our chances of negotiations with the Phillipines when we have to do the same.
    As brokers we have an opportunity to "walk the walk" by moving business away from them so they get the message that this is unacceptable.

They should also be reminded that the net profit was $761M announced today, so I hardly think they are suffering.
Post a reply