Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 05 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The insurer has been forced to reassure staff and brokers over off shore plans.
  • Charles | 05 Mar 2013, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    Spi Spin & more Spin
  • Tony | 05 Mar 2013, 01:16 PM Agree 0
    "Claims lodgement management" will be affected, the story says.

I can't get Telstra or Foxtel to get anything right when I go through these "off shore" channels so can you imagine what that would mean in regards to claims?

Insurance is about mitigating risk and I will be doing that with my portfolio.
  • Tony | 05 Mar 2013, 03:09 PM Agree 0
    "Claims lodgement management" will be affected, the story says.

I can't get Telstra or Foxtel to get anything right when I go through these "off shore" channels so can you imagine what that would mean in regards to claims?

Insurance is about mitigating risk and I will be doing that with my portfolio.
  • Lisa | 06 Mar 2013, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    Redeployment to the Philippines?????
  • Anonymous | 06 Mar 2013, 01:21 PM Agree 0
    I dont believe any of it - people were told by JLT that jobs were safe when they started offshoring work to India - but as people left they just werent replaced - and older staff that had been there for years were getting made redundant. We were told why would they replace people when they could pay Indians $6,000 per year to do our jobs.

I work for a Broker and it is getting harder and harder to place business when the service that clients are used to we are just not getting anymore.

We have already seen the service go down in relation to claims management for QBE and CGU recently with all the changes they have made.
  • J.D | 06 Mar 2013, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    The report claims "Claims lodgement management"

The report was denied.

Maybe await some actual facts first or by all means add further fuel to the fire with gossip!
  • Anon | 06 Mar 2013, 03:13 PM Agree 0
    QBE have been sacking staff and sending jobs offshore for nearly two years now. Ask them how many people have been sacked already.
  • Anon | 07 Mar 2013, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    How does QBE explain to the staff that were made redundant yesterday is just a rumor. Quite obvious that they can't be trusted.
  • trevor | 07 Mar 2013, 06:13 PM Agree 0
    they spent millions on a new payroll system 18mths ago and now it's going to be offshore!!
  • Jason | 07 Mar 2013, 08:40 PM Agree 0
    QBE have been making a LOT of people redundant in continous waves for almost the past year. They avoided media attention for all those cut so they should at least face up to the ones they've been caught red handed on.
  • Anonymous | 08 Mar 2013, 08:23 AM Agree 0
    QBE have told claims employees there roles have been made redundant and have offered these employees a role in workcover. Employees have been advised if they decline this offer then their employment with QBE will be terminated without any severance payments.
    Does QBE want to deny this too!
Post a reply