Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 18 Nov 2014, 08:46 AM Agree 0
A leading HR and compliance consultancy has spoken of the importance of reference and background checks when hiring new staff in the insurance industry.
  • Johnny | 18 Nov 2014, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    My previous employer doesn't give detailed references (beyond confirming that I worked there between such & such dates, no personal or technical commentary) & before that I was self-employed for 10 years in a different industry.

So, assuming I want to apply for a job but not tell my current employer, I've got no references. I guess I'll never get a job based on this article.
  • Sheila Baker | 18 Nov 2014, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    Hi "Johnny": As a rule we advise employers rather than candidates but if I were in your shoes I'd say there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm quite sure you will have had positive business relationships with more than your previous employer. When you want to get serious about it, give us a call - perhaps we can offer some suggestions.
Post a reply