Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 13 Feb 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Large scale insurer set to roll out new offering despite official doubts from advisory body
  • Nathan Hadlow, South Coast Insurance Brokers WA Pt | 13 Feb 2013, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    I think the growers will like the idea until they see the premium.
  • Underwriter | 13 Feb 2013, 02:36 PM Agree 0
    It will be interesting to see if it is sold as insurance or as a derivative. If it is sold as it is in the USA it is unlikely to pass the test as an insurance product as there is no proof of loss requirement?
  • Rick Purslowe IC Frith WA | 13 Feb 2013, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    The idea is great , but will the farmers pay for it , I don't think so
  • Ray Ball, Country Wide Insurance Brokers (WA) | 13 Feb 2013, 05:06 PM Agree 0
    I CAN NOT see it working long term because farmers in drought / frost prone areas will select the cover, those not in these ares will not and therefore the premium pool will be insufficient to support the losses. This is why the government will not and should not get involved
  • Ray Ball, Country Wide Insurance Brokers (WA) | 13 Feb 2013, 05:12 PM Agree 0
    Sorry, typing error. My comment should read "I can not see it working .....
  • Broker | 16 Feb 2013, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    Why WA and not the East Coast? does anyone know whether multi peril will be offered in states on the East Coast, and if not, why?
Post a reply