Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 20 Mar 2014, 08:31 AM Agree 0
Assistant treasurer Arthur Sinodinos may have stood down over growing pressure about the ICAC anti-corruption case, but should he have been allowed to get on with the job of financial reform?
  • Keith L | 20 Mar 2014, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Should Sinodinus get anther chance to drive financial reform? If he has not contravened any laws, of course he should!

I am impressed by the calm and decisive manner with which he deflected the concerted media attack about the dropping of the controversial catch-all BID provisions, stating it exactly how it is.

Unlike Craig Thompson, Sinodinos is removing himself from a Ministerial position until his integrity is tested and revealed.
    Successful business people make many decisions and liaisons during their business ventures some of which in hindsight may be found to be questionable. However, in line with the reported broker's comment, I would be surprised if Sinodinos was knowing involved in any illegal activity. If he was, then he has to go but Abbott is right; the right thing has been done and in the mean time the portfolio is in good hands with Cormann.
  • Rick | 20 Mar 2014, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    Thomson wasn't a minister.
Post a reply