Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 03 Mar 2014, 06:05 PM Agree 0
There are three main pillars to a broker’s value proposition but concentrating on two of them will ensure they outdo online providers.
  • Dexter Cousins | 04 Mar 2014, 08:38 AM Agree 0
    I'd argue that the customers expectation is all three now, quality, service and at a competitive price.
  • Jeff Smith | 04 Mar 2014, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    Let's not forget about "Client Advocacy" in this debate.
    That is what really distinguishes Brokers from Agents and Direct Insurers and, if you do that well, you will never lose a Client on price alone.
  • Mark | 04 Mar 2014, 09:28 AM Agree 0
    I tend to agree with Dexter. But as intermediaries it is out job to explain that, whilst the three are not mutually exclusive, you will have more chance of obtaining them through our channels than by some shiny advertising direct insurer who advertises on price and has more holes in their policy than swiss cheese... could you imagine some of these that now offer liability cover (because they 'get you') providing a contract review service? I think not....
  • Stuart Redmond | 04 Mar 2014, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    I think this is a great article and pretty much on the mark. I also think the comments thus far are very accurate. Personally think the direct insurance market has a lot to answer for when marketing to consumers. It's these strategies that will continue erode the true value of insurance and personalised service.
  • Julie Clancy | 06 Mar 2014, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    Great article, however some online insurers have an excellent referral service with fast turnaround, and without the 'tick box' approach as not everything fits in the square. If there's a referral with a real person to speak to, and quickly, this can make a broker's task more efficient, thereby providing great service to their client. It can be a win win.
  • Amazed! | 06 Mar 2014, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    Service, quality and price whilst important when quoting are critical when claiming.
    What innovation has there been in the claims space in the last 12 to 24 months? It seems to be the same old tired process
Post a reply