Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 17 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The chain store boasted that its car insurance product could save customers $240 but failed to clearly state the savings are based on purchasing a policy with a lower agreed value.
  • Scott | 17 Jul 2013, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    Hey Woolworths, you thought the ACCC was bad, welcome to ASIC world!!! Don't go away mad Woolies, just go away!!
  • Tom | 17 Jul 2013, 01:43 PM Agree 0
    So the "little red quote" is a "little red faced" ?
  • Just a thought | 17 Jul 2013, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    Woolworths, and others, role back the public view of Insurance and the industry 20 years with deceptive policies that are Not apples for apples and fair trading. Supermarkets should stick to Selling apples . When is ASIC going to stop unfair Practices on the consumer and not just by Supermarkets.
  • David | 17 Jul 2013, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    Seems that over the last 18 months the direct marketing campaigns are relying on the old adage of 'it's easier to ask for forgiveness than seek permission'. I guess if you can steal a few yards & there's little or no penalty then they are going to do it.
  • Robert Cooper | 17 Jul 2013, 02:11 PM Agree 0
    This is what is wrong with the current system where distributors of retail products do not have to give any personal advice just so called "general advice" but in giving such advice can give the implied impression that the consumers are simply only having to compare price, not coverage. Then when they claim, they find the cover is not worth the paper it is printed on. What was the point in the FSRA and the so called tougher regulations?
  • Loyalty Program | 17 Jul 2013, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    How to win friends and influence people!
  • Jess | 17 Jul 2013, 03:34 PM Agree 0
    So where is the repercussion for Youi who are advertising the same thing?
  • Chris | 17 Jul 2013, 05:35 PM Agree 0
    Little red quote is Coles Tom. Not woolworths. But still a supermarket.
  • Paul G | 17 Jul 2013, 05:54 PM Agree 0
    I think you summed it up quite nicely Rob Cooper.
  • Call me crazy... | 19 Jul 2013, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    If a client wants to buy their policy on price alone they may receive a poor cover. Blaming Coles or Woolies for filling a gap at the low end of the market isn’t logical. At no point do they say 'we have the best coverage for the cheapest price’. The problem is education. The community thinks that all policies are created equal - which just isn't the case. I agree that misleading statements are unfair, but at what point is the onus on the customer?
Post a reply