Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 12 Dec 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
They might think that’s what they want, but really they want to know the simplest way to cover their insurance needs. Are you baffling your clients with too many options?
  • Frances Pratt - do you know whan an Insurance Prof | 12 Dec 2012, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Pratt - simplicity equals idiocy. If clients are not informed they cannot make an educated decision. If as an insurance professional we do not inform them, then when the proverbial hits the an whose Professional Indemnity policy and reputation is on the line?
  • Frances Pratt | 13 Dec 2012, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for your comments. There are two types of simplicity, that of a child that doesn't understand, and then there is the simplicity that can be gained from understanding all the complexities and seeing through them a way forward.

Our job as professionals is to help our clients find the best solution to their problems and advise them to the best of our ability and knowledge.

In my experience people are sometimes scared to 'sell' the best option because, perhaps, it is the most expensive. My challenge to them (and you) is to advise your client on what's best for them - irrespective of the price tag.
  • Kay Jackson | 17 Dec 2012, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    We provide our clients choices and most are happy that we do so - We do have some clients that prefer us to make the decision for them but we like to ensure the client is empowered with enought information to make an informed choice on their insurance needs - My view is as Brokers we need to give our clients choice but with a firm recommendation too.
Post a reply