Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 21 May 2014, 08:20 AM Agree 0
Have a section on your company website to give information about what you do? Got testimonials on there from former clients? Turns out you’re doing it all wrong, says a 'social advising' expert.
  • No Baz | 21 May 2014, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Please don't let Baz infiltrate the broking industry. All of my peers in the financial advice industry are sick of hearing his self-serving dribble.
  • Baz Gardner | 21 May 2014, 09:24 PM Agree 0
    For clarity, only your WHY video needs to be 30 seconds. That is your calling card, your other videos can be longer.

In addition, giving Advice by Social Media isn't a great idea unless it is life or philosophical etc. Financial or professional advice of just about any kind is best left for private conversations.

Look for ways to legitimately give value to people.

Most of all, if it feels like work.... you are doing it wrong.

Have fun ;-).

Baz
  • Baz Gardner | 31 May 2014, 12:02 AM Agree 0
    LOL!

A big fear for professionals who are contemplating using Social and Digital Media is that someone might make a negative comment. That fact is that if you are actually going to say anything meaningful enough to create connection and trust, then you also have to realise that some people are just not going to like you (and that's ok).

The fact is that no matter how hard you try to give value and be yourself some people are happy to make degrading and derogatory comments and hide behind anonymity. That is just part of human nature and therefore Social Media.

However if I was worried about the few people that find me offensive (and I'm sure I know who posted the above comment) I would be missing out helping thousands of others.

Don't let fear hold you back, people need your help.

• Julz Rulz | 06 Jun 2014, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    HAHAHA Well said Baz!!
Post a reply