Toronto (June 10, 2019) – Registration has opened for the 2019 Bermudian edition of the International Cyber Risk Management Conference (ICRMC), event producers announced today.
Following its successful inaugural conference in Hamilton, Bermuda 2018, organizers of the ICRMC Bermudian event are proud to announce the launch of the 2019 event and that registration is now open. ICRMC Bermuda will take place December 4-6, 2019 at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club. Conference programming and registration can be seen at bermuda.icrmc.com.
The theme of the second annual ICRMC Bermuda conference is Speaking a Common Language: From On-Boarding to the Board Room. The carefully curated agenda will focus on tangible takeaways that cyber risk stakeholders can use to strengthen resilience and improve cyber risk communication across their organizations and their supply chains. Bermuda, the ‘World’s Risk Capital’, is the ideal market to host this vendor-neutral gathering of the global risk management community. The ICRMC Bermuda program has been designed for corporate risk managers, corporate counsel, auditors, CISOs, CSOs, and CTOs, governance and claims professionals, insurers, reinsurers, insurance brokers and service providers.
“We are thrilled to once again be partnering with the Bermuda Business Development Agency (BDA) and an outstanding advisory committee for ICRMC Bermuda,” said Joel Baker, President and CEO of MSA Research, the producer of ICRMC. “As cyber risk is now ranked as one of the top two concerns facing the world, it is vitally important that the risk management community remain vigilant in their efforts”, continued Baker, “and collaborate to address and resolve shared issues surrounding cyber risk.”
Marilyn Horrick, COO and EVP, MSA Research added, “The agenda reflects the growing need for organizations to not only understand and act on their mitigation and risk transfer options, but to also continually assess real cyber exposure, competently recognize compromising cyber incidents, and effectively communicate those across all levels of their organization. Unpacking what it means to have a culture of cyber vigilance,” Horrick continued, “is an important part of the agenda and speaks to every role in an organization from on-boarding to the board room”.
A world-class Advisory Committee comprising of cyber risk experts from the fields of insurance, information technology, law, audit and compliance, governance and public policy has shaped the program for ICRMC Bermuda. The British Overseas Territory is a leading global re/insurance hub and the world’s most significant property casualty market, supplying an estimated 35 percent of capacity for Lloyd’s of London. Bermuda is also the largest domicile for captive insurance and insurance-linked securities.
Members of the 2019 Advisory Committee:
- Joel Baker, President and CEO, MSA Research Inc.
- Katie Butterworth, Chief Risk Officer, HSBC Bermuda
- Mike Cook, Managing Partner, Financial Services Sector, IBM
- Todd Daubert, Partner, Dentons US LLP
- Victoria Edmonds, VP, Professional Liability, Markel
- Nick Galletto, Global and Canadian Cyber Risk Services Leader, Deloitte
- Chris Garrod, Director, Conyers Dill & Pearman
- Giles Harlow, SVP, Professional Risk Solutions, Aon (Bermuda)
- Gary Hayslip, CISO, Board Member and Advisor, Published Author and Cyber Evangelist
- Doug Howard, Vice President, Global Services, RSA Security
- John Masters, AVP, Financial Lines, AIG
- Jereme Ramsay, Business Development Manager, Risk Transfer Solutions, Bermuda Business Development Agency
- Bill Stewart, Division President, Global Cyber Risk Practice, Chubb
ICRMC Bermuda Session Highlights:
- Interactive Tabletop Workshop led by IBM Security
- Speaking the Same Language: Bridging the Gaps Between Boards, CISOs, CROs, and CLOs
- Emerging Coverage and Claim Trends
- The CISO Perspective
- The InsurWave Story: Transforming the Supply Chain and Improving Cyber Security in One Fell Swoop
- Case Studies That Will Keep You Awake at Night
- The Emerging Threat Landscape, A Conversation
- FinTech/InsurTech, Open Banking, AML etc. Cyber Risk Considerations
- Bermuda’s Digital Identity Initiatives: Development of a New Global Standard
- The Evolution of Cyber Capital
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – The View from the Captain’s Chair
- ICRMC Bermuda Featured Speakers:
- Adam Segal, ICRMC Bermuda Emcee and Director of Cyberspace and Digital Policy Program, Council on Foreign Relations (NY)
- Jas Anand, Senior Manager, Risk Advisory, Deloitte
- Andy Burrows, CEO, Bermuda Business Development Agency
- Katie Butterworth, CRO, HSBC Bermuda
- The Hon. Wayne Caines, JP., MP., Minister of National Security, Government of Bermuda
- Todd Daubert, Partner, Dentons US LLP
- George Do, CISO, Equinix
- Shawn Edwards, Chief Security Officer, RSA Security
- Nick Galletto, Global & Canadian Cyber Risk Services Leader, Deloitte
- Chris Garrod, Director, Conyers Dill & Pearman Ltd.
- Matt Hartley, SVP, Research & Engineering, FireEye
- Gary Hayslip, CISO | Board Member & Advisor | Published Author | Cyber Evangelist
- Richard Hoehne, World Wide Financial Crimes Leader, IBM
- Doug Howard, Vice President, Global Services and IT Innovation, RSA Security
- John Huff, President and CEO, Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers
- Stuart Lacey, Founder and Director, Trunomi
- Ian Meadows, Director for Insurance, EY
- Kara Owens, Managing Director, Global Cyber Underwriting Executive, Markel
- Stuart Panensky, Partner, FisherBroyles LLP
- David Piesse, Global Insurance Leader, CRO, Guardtime
- Hetal Popat, Programme Director & Head, PSD2 & CMA Open Banking, HSBC UK
- Sooji Seo, Vice President and Chief Privacy Officer, Dell Technologies
- Greg Vernaci, SVP, Head of Cyber, US-Canada, AIG
- Mary Beth Vitale, Co-Founder and Principal, Pellera