PACICC is pleased to announce the election of three new Members to our expanded Board of Directors. We welcome:
Mr. David MacNaughton
Mr. MacNaughton is President of Palantir Technologies Canada and is based in Toronto. He previously served as Canada’s Ambassador to the United States of America from 2016 to 2019 and possesses an extensive background in both corporate leadership and public policy.
Mr. Christian Fournier
Mr. Fournier is Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of La Capitale and is based in Quebec City. A Laval-trained actuary, he has more than 25 years of property and casualty insurance experience.
Mr. Brian Esau
Mr. Esau is President and CEO of Red River Mutal and is based in Altona, Manitoba. A CPA, he has served in his current role for 12 years and previously served as Chief Risk Officer for a regional credit union.
Re-elected to our Board for additional terms are:
- Glenn Gibson (Chair), former CEO of Crawford Canada (Independent Director)
- Bruce Thompson, former Supervisor – OSFI (Independent Director)
- Lynn Oldfield, President and CEO AIG Insurance Company of Canada
- Andrew Cartmell, President and CEO Saskatchewan Government Insurance
- Heather Masterson, President and CEO, Travelers Canada
- Pete Walker, Chief Technical Underwriter, Aviva Canada Inc.
- David Oakden, former Chief Actuary – OSFI (Independent Director)
- Martin Beaulieu, Senior Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Intact Financial Corporation
- Alister Campbell, President and CEO PACICC (Ex Officio)
PACICC is the industry-funded, non-profit resolution authority for Canada’s Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance industry. PACICC’s mission is to protect eligible policyholders from undue financial loss in the event that a Member Insurer becomes insolvent. The Corporation works to minimize the costs of insurer insolvencies and seeks to maintain a high level of consumer and business confidence in Canada’s P&C insurance industry through the financial protection it provides to policyholders.