The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) has announced that it will be holding this year’s 99th Annual Convention at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto, from October 23-24, 2019.
The association brings the major industry event back to Toronto after holding last year’s convention in Niagara Falls.
Read more: IBAO to hold massive Canada insurance event
“It’s been a challenging year for the industry, but brokers can affect real change with their collective power—that’s why this year’s theme is Stronger Together,” explained IBAO president Jeff Gatcke in a statement. “We’re celebrating the successes we’ve experienced and we’re encouraging all Ontario brokers to get involved.”
A release from the IBAO said that this year’s keynote will be delivered by David Chilton, the bestselling author behind The Wealthy Barber and a former Dragon on the CBC production Dragon’s Den. Chilton will share his approach on generating positive results from adversity.
The convention will feature other sessions, such as:
- Here Comes the Flood—How Climate Change is Impacting Water Systems | Alex & Tyler Mifflin, Creators & Hosts of The Water Brothers
- Marketing to Millennials | Andrew Au, Digital Transformation & Leadership Expert
- The Future of Insurance Regulation in Ontario | Tim Bzowey, Executive VP Auto/Insurance, FSRA & Don Forgeron, President & CEO, IBC
- The Talent Pipeline—Tackling Recruitment in Novel Ways
- Federal Election 2019 | Ginny Roth, VP, National Practice & Government Lead, Crestview Strategy
- Insurer Town Halls hosted by CAA Insurance, Economical Insurance, Gore Mutual, Intact Insurance, RSA, Travelers Canada and Wawanesa Insurance
- Getting the Right Things Done | Hamza Khan, Efficiency Expert
- CEO Panel moderated by Pete Tessier, host of The Insurance Podcast, featuring Economical Insurance, Intact Insurance, Pembridge Insurance, RSA Canada, Travelers Canada and Wawanesa Insurance
The convention also includes a tradeshow of more than 115 exhibitors. IBAO will also hold the Awards of Excellence Gala during the convention; comedian James Cunningham reprises his role last year as host of the awards event. There will also be a Hospitality Night featuring “valued” partners across the industry, a release said.
The IBAO is also trying something new this year; offering discounted pricing on entrance fees for young brokers.
“With the challenges of recruiting talent to the channel, we encourage up-and-coming brokers to participate this year,” IBAO CEO Colin Simpson explained. “Making connections and understanding what other brokers are doing is an invaluable part of this business.”