Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 25 Nov 2014, 11:37 a.m. Agree 0
A well-known Australian insurance broking, underwriting and risk services group’s two Kiwi acquisitions now make it NZ’s largest insurance cluster network.
  • Boomer | 25 Nov 2014, 11:51 a.m. Agree 0
    Another one bites the dust...
  • no suprises | 26 Nov 2014, 11:38 a.m. Agree 0
    Boomer - what do you mean another one bites the dust? this is progression and market resilliance at its best. This is the best thing that coudl have happened to the NZ broking market - the big boys have lost thier stronghold!
  • M. Wheeler | 26 Nov 2014, 04:00 p.m. Agree 0
    I often think of the local owner operated café down the road. The owner is so personable, knows your order, is attentive and provides 5 star service. The big chain store across the road cant compete unless you want cheap generic product with little service..........so this describes the broker market. A generalization of course as every one has their place in the market. What happens is everything is in cycles. The employees will leave (dissatisfied with the corporates) to set up independent broking firms, will get to a certain size and then will sell out to the big boys for the cycle to continue..........now is the time to get out and set up on your own with great cluster groups described in this article. Especially with an ageing adviser force.
  • Boomer | 27 Nov 2014, 09:38 a.m. Agree 0
    Look how Kiwibank surged ahead on the consumer backlash against the Aussie owned banks taking their corporate profits back across the ditch. Dress it up how you like but it still a sell-out. Time for true NZ-owned independents to step up.
  • no suprises | 27 Nov 2014, 12:22 p.m. Agree 0
    Boomer
    This was a true NZ owned independent which, withiout this sale, would have been erroded by the yanks and ended up like BNet - dust! call it what you like but this has secured BWeb a spot as a big player in the NZ market - get a grip!
  • Boomer | 27 Nov 2014, 02:47 p.m. Agree 0
    Thanks 'No Surprises'. I will.
    Do you really think the BWeb brokers will be punching any harder this time next year? Are the underwriters going to roll out super special deals for them that, up until now have been withheld? I think that you may well be "surprised".
    You wouldn't happen to be a BWeb broker by any any chance? You are certainly very enthusiastic about this sale.
  • No suprises | 28 Nov 2014, 01:28 p.m. Agree 0
    Boomer. I'm not a broker at all mate
  • cotton-on | 03 Dec 2014, 12:45 p.m. Agree 0
    No surprises = ex u/w working for Bweb
  • cotton-on | 03 Dec 2014, 12:51 p.m. Agree 0
    Boomer. An ex uwriter working for bweb
  • no suprises | 04 Dec 2014, 09:14 a.m. Agree 0
    wrong again - in fact I have no affiliation with BWeb at all. I simply like what they have done and the flow on benefits this will have on the broker market.
Post a reply