Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 09 Nov 2015, 03:50 p.m. Agree 0
The Insurance Council of New Zealand has put out the latest quarterly progress report on settled Canterbury earthquake claims.
  • Giles Thorman | 09 Nov 2015, 04:48 p.m. Agree 0
    It would be very useful to know why 465 people are yet to receive offers from their Insurers seeing as the second quake to hit the region was in February 2011??

What reasons are being given for a delay of more than 4 years??
  • Tim | 12 Nov 2015, 08:59 a.m. Agree 0
    Their insurers probably didn't know they had to make an offer until they found out they were over cap. Probably they are 465 of the 467 claims EQC transferred to Insurers in the last quarter, Giles.
  • Giles Thorman | 13 Nov 2015, 01:48 p.m. Agree 0
    Thank you Tim.
    Personally I am somewhat disappointed at the way media has portrayed the Insurance Industry in this very exceptional and tragic Insurance claim. Without the Insurance Industry this country would be seriously in strife with the Canterbury Earthquake.

The negative seems to be shouted from the rooftops and the positives are muted.

Very Sad.
  • Sarah | 14 Nov 2015, 07:19 a.m. Agree 0
    I would say that the insurance companies were well aware that many more homes would go overcap. It simply suited them to sit on their hands whilst hiding behind EQC, a powerful government organisation. Utterly disgraceful. Those figures above do not also take into account those that should be overcap but have been shafted and those people who have accepted payouts way below their policy standard.
Post a reply