Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 26 Jun 2015, 12:26 p.m. Agree 0
This major broker’s bid to improve Maori cultural awareness within its ranks has led to a trailblazing collaboration to provide marae cover, as well as sparking a surprising passion.
  • Geoff Annals | 26 Jun 2015, 01:07 p.m. Agree 0
    I'm very impressed! We really need to do much better at making insurance work for Maori. Good on you Steve and Michael. Ngā mihi nui ki a kōrua tahi.
  • Boomer | 29 Jun 2015, 10:27 a.m. Agree 0
    Kia ora koutu.
    Of course there is at least one indigenous owned and operated broking group that has been offering marae insurance for some years. Its not easy. Its sometimes quite difficult but at the end of the day it's very rewarding. I can't help wondering just how an off-shore owned large multi-national will get to grips with this.
    Nga mihi,
  • David Weston | 03 Jul 2015, 02:47 p.m. Agree 0
    A welcome addition to the broad range of topics insurance can address.
    We live in an evolving NZ market addressing local and global issues.
    For Maori, these exists nowhere else in the globe; it's our own unique take on things.
    I trust someone is already working for our wider Polynesian community so they are included as well?
    I'm proud how our industry is making attempts to level the playing field for all in NZ.
    Ngā mihi.
Post a reply