Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 23 Nov 2016, 09:57 a.m. Agree 0
Survey reveals several areas in which consumers just don’t understand their cover
  • John | 23 Nov 2016, 10:40 a.m. Agree 0
    This information is great for us 'in the industry" But this needs to be put out into the public. We in the industry are always getting hooked into the clients customers stress at time of claim. This places pressures on us to assist them wherever possible to reduce the loss and provide some comfort.

Clients /customers /public need to understand what they are insured for and how the policy works. 1) they need to know and must know to read the Policy. But we can not make them. Even with my 30 plus years in the role I have to read and re read the Policies to understand the mechanics of the various clauses and the policies 1) when I am giving quotes to the client 2) when the client has a claim.

I pity those in the claims department. The level of stress that is placed upon them daily hourly by clients and customers dumping on them is huge and the employers are doing nothing to deal with it .

Part of the solution is to make continual comments in advertising and articles to the public. "Read the Policy " and understand 'its purpose"
Post a reply