Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 18 Jun 2014, 11:15 a.m. Agree 0
Industry professionals discuss reasons for and against being honest about what they do for a living when meeting someone new.
  • Lindsay Kerr | 18 Jun 2014, 12:19 p.m. Agree 0
    I have been in the industry for 48 years and never shy away from saying what I do. That is living in Canterbury too where since the earthquakes everybody seem to be insurance experts now. It is just a matter of cutting off stupid conversations in their tracks and getting the subject changed.
  • Perception | 18 Jun 2014, 12:25 p.m. Agree 0
    I have always told people what I do. Yes we get negative responses sometimes. However it is always fun to ask them what challenges they have had. Its also an opportunity to disclose to many that lying in regards to a claim or loss is jeopardizing their ability to buy insurance every again. It also shows that those who work in the insurance industry are also human.
  • Lokesh Kalburgi | 22 Aug 2014, 02:25 p.m. Agree 0
    When people ask what I do (premium financing), I try and explain it in the most simplest way possible, even though it usually gets confused looks :/
Post a reply