Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 06 May 2015, 10:10 a.m. Agree 0
The results of a survey questioning over 1000 female ANZIIF members prompt some controversial solutions to issues of diversity – and where SME brokers in particular are falling short.
  • hoover | 06 May 2015, 11:05 a.m. Agree 0
    how would someone know what a colleague is getting paid - how exactly do the females know that a job was offered to a male for more?
  • Boomer | 11 May 2015, 10:26 a.m. Agree 0
    New group being formed known as "Blokes in the Business". Aim is to make sure there is still a place for men in the insurance business after all the scary women's groups get their way.
    Can some one tell me who will make the coffee?
  • Ummm | 11 May 2015, 01:05 p.m. Agree 0
    I am over this! As a woman I have to ask what makes us 'so special' compared to men? I have always found men respect me more because I am not constantly trying to 'have a voice for us poor women'. I am secure in my womanhood, get paid very well and am very happy in my job. This type of argument always refers to the sexy jobs - talk to me again when women are fighting to secure really important jobs like our tradeMEN do.
  • Right... | 11 May 2015, 01:37 p.m. Agree 0
    In regards to the comment above... ah yes, the old.. "I have food on my plate, therefore what poverty?" Or perhaps the "I have [snow/rain/sunshine/no major weather events] therefore Climate change isn't a real issue" argument....

Just because you as an individual are not experiencing the issues being raised in this article, doesn't mean there isn't a wider issue affecting a group or community as a whole.
    Also - where is the evidence that women are not fighting for these roles? Could it not be that the media choose not to portray these battles for the exact reason you mention - that they are not "sexy"?

I do agree that there are possible reliability/statistical issues with regards to establishing how much individuals are paid - it depends where the information was sourced - from company records directly, or from individuals? Regardless there will always be a margin of error.

Boomer - Belittling an argument does nothing to rebut the points raised. Perhaps you should learn to make your own coffee like the majority of men and women do... ;)
  • hoover | 11 May 2015, 01:40 p.m. Agree 0
    yawn
  • Boozer | 11 May 2015, 08:46 p.m. Agree 0
    These stats came from a survey of woman in insurance. We know what a sexist profession that is. Those that don't have their heads buried in the sand. Time for men to start pouring the coffee.
Post a reply