Commercial & Rural Insurance Brokers have a proud reputation as leaders in their field and are part of BWRS / AUB Group the largest equity based broking group in Australasia! Working in partnership with Central Otago and Southland businesses, they combine independence, personal service and a wealth of experience to ensure they understand their risk issues, identify solutions that provide the coverage, and the peace of mind their customers want!
As a result of their continued success, Commercial & Rural are on the hunt for an experienced Commercial Broker to join their team based in Alexandra.
This is an exciting opportunity; Central Otago is a stunning place to live, renowned for its fine wine and the great outdoors, offering a unique lifestyle, creating a work life balance second to none - coupled with this, the role comes with the potential opportunity for advancement / ownership for someone who shares the vision and contributes to the win.
To be successful in this role you will ….
- Be an experienced Commercial Insurance Broker confident in commercial, fire and general and specialist risk management ideally also with experience in the Rural sector,
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to support the business by building the capability at all levels,
- Have the ability to build and sustain strong commercial relationships demonstrating business acumen in determining clients' policy requirement's,
- Have a clear understanding of the market; you will be a strategic thinker, challenge the norm and ensure the delivery of competitive and comprehensive policy's for all actual and potential clients,
- Be an excellent communicator; you will act as an advocate for clients, building relationships based on trust, delivery and respect,
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and grow the portfolio, adding value every step of the way,
- Be competent in negotiating with Insurers on behalf of clients,
- Be a hard worker, motivated, driven and thrive on working in an environment where your contribution will be valued, and your successes will be celebrated!
There is no doubt this is a unique and exciting role and you can be assured your commitment to the business will be well rewarded! In addition, you will be joining a dynamic, collaborative and supportive management team.
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, then we would love to hear from you. For an informal chat about the role please call Steph Townsend on 021 801 034 or email [email protected].
Please note You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.