We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Home Insurance Products

Compare 58 products offered for Home Insurance from 31 companies including Ecclesiastical Insurance Group, Lansdown Insurance Brokers, and UK General Insurance Ltd.

Our Insurance Comparison Tool allows you to pick the policy that's right for you by comparing every plan offered by Canada's leading providers. Need more info? Our Frequently Asked Questions can break down Home coverage in greater detail.

Compare Home Insurance Policies

Products 41 to 50 of 58
Product name Max Coverage Min Premium Exclusions
Household by Canopius Max Coverage N/A Min Premium N/A

more details
Blocks of Flats Scheme by Lansdown Insurance Brokers Max Coverage GBP10M Min Premium GBP250

more details
Home by Ecclesiastical Insurance Group Max Coverage GBP10M Min Premium N/A

more details
Home with a Criminal Conviction by Towergate Insurance Max Coverage N/A Min Premium N/A

more details
Equestrian Establishment Combined by Kershaw Bloodstock Insurance Services Max Coverage GBP2M Min Premium N/A

more details
Property Owners by GB Underwriting Ltd Max Coverage GBP10M Min Premium N/A
  • specific types of loss or damage (see specific policy wording)

more details
Executive Plus by Covéa Insurance Max Coverage GBP10M Min Premium GBP2K
  • specific types of loss or damage (see specific policy wording)

more details
Unoccupied Home by Towergate Insurance Max Coverage GBP2M Min Premium N/A

more details
Residential Development by R&Q Commercial Risk Services Limited Max Coverage N/A Min Premium N/A

more details
Mid to High Net Worth by Towergate Insurance Max Coverage N/A Min Premium N/A

more details


Frequently Asked Questions

(click to expand)


What Is Home Insurance?

Home insurance provides coverage for losses and damages to an individual’s home and the contents within. Home insurance (also referred to as Homeowner’s Insurance) is a type of property insurance and can be split into two parts:


  • Building insurance
  • Contents insurance

Who Needs Home Insurance?

Home insurance is designed for individual homeowners, whether they have one of multiple properties. Most banks require proof of purchase of a Home insurance policy before they approve a mortgage. This can be obtained either through the same bank or under a separate policy. Types of property suitable for a Home insurance property include:


  • Residential property/house
  • Condominium/apartment
  • Secondary home
  • Seasonal home
  • Cottage
  • Villa
  • Mobile home/trailer
  • Student accommodation

Home insurance is not suitable for those renting a property, however coverage for Contents insurance is still advised.

What Does Home Insurance Cover?

Home insurance mainly covers buildings and contents.

Building insurance provides coverage for interior and exterior damage to the property caused by the following perils:

  • Fire or lightning
  • Windstorms or hail
  • Explosions
  • Riots or civil commotion
  • Damage caused by vehicles
  • Damage caused by aircraft
  • Smoke damage
  • Acts of vandalism
  • Theft
  • Volcanic eruption
  • Falling objects
  • Damage from thawing ice/snow
  • Discharge or overflow of water from internal appliances/sewer back-up
  • Broken/burst plumbing
  • Damage from electrical currents

Contents insurance provides coverage against loss, damage or theft of personal items and possessions, such as:

  • Electronic equipment
  • Furniture
  • Carpets and upholstery
  • Jewelry and valuables
  • Silverware
  • Expensive clothing
  • Antiques
  • Paintings
  • Garden equipment
  • Fridge/freezer contents

Some Home insurance programs are specifically for one property, whereas others cater to multiple home or property owners. This can also include extended coverage for children of the policyholder if they are at university, covering their possessions under the same Contents part of the policy. Home insurance can also be extended to provide coverage against accidents in the home or on the property.

While Home insurance policies cover damage, including accidental damage, not all cover catastrophic events or natural disasters (eg flooding, earthquake, wildfire). It is important to check the wording of the types of damage included and if it excludes certain causes of damage.

What Is Not Included in Home Insurance?

While Home insurance includes property damage coverage, there are certain types of damage excluded by many Home insurance policies:
  • Natural wear and tear
  • Deliberate acts of damage
  • Damage caused by pets/animals
  • Certain types of natural disaster (check policy wording if overland flooding, earthquake or wildfire exclusions are applied)
  • Acts of war or terrorism
  • Pollution
  • Contents confiscated by the government or police

How Is Home Insurance Sold?

Home insurance is generally sold directly to the consumer. Homeowners do not require an MGA to source an underwriter to write a Home insurance policy on their behalf.

Many insurance companies can create personalized Home insurance quotes through online forms completed on their websites.

How Much Is Home Insurance?

The price of Home insurance will be determined based on the following factors:


  • Value of the property
  • Value of the contents (if included)
  • Location of the property (ie near a floodplain, faultline, etc)
  • Claims history

All of these things will determine the amount of the premium, as well as how much of it needs to be covered. Excess insurance may also be purchased as an add-on in case of a one-off event that requires an amount beyond the agreed coverage limit needs to be paid.

Generally, things that increase the risk of damage or destruction to a residential property and/or contents, increasing the likelihood of a payout, will increase the cost of a Home insurance policy.