We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 15 Mar 2018, 08:37 AM Agree 1
Insurer has some explaining to do after its recent pronouncement caused quite a stir
  • | 15 Mar 2018, 11:57 AM Agree 1
    If Aviva go through with their threat to cancel their Irredeemable Preference Shares, it will be the most dishonourable act ever carried out by a UK plc against it's shareholders.
  • Stephen Crowe | 15 Mar 2018, 12:16 PM Agree 1
    Quite so. My share certificates say Irredeemable Preference shares. As of now, I feel I've been a victim of a miss selling scam and I my holding has been has been "blighted" - sell now and lose 20% of my investment or hold-on. It is absolutely outrageous. The Aviva directors responsible should resign.
  • Simincorkswill | 15 Mar 2018, 01:38 PM Agree 0
    An infelicity in the wording dear boy , dont you know Lloyds had the same problem , got away with it by the skin of their teeth , three to two judgement , must be worth a punt .
  • Grahame | 15 Mar 2018, 02:06 PM Agree 1
    Well done the FCA.
  • Rumble | 15 Mar 2018, 09:01 PM Agree 0
    Spivs. Whoever came up with this scam has wiped £1bn off the pref market. I hope they have a really strong legal basis for their announcement. Aviva are a reputable and trusted company. Perhaps they have a different version of the prospectus to what was issued to the rest of the world?
  • Shaunm | 16 Mar 2018, 01:43 AM Agree 1
    This is the biggest corporate fraud of the century

• Tony Markson | 16 Mar 2018, 09:51 AM Agree 1
    Correction- were a well respected company
  • B. Wood | 19 Mar 2018, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    What does it profit a man to gain the world, but lose his soul. What shortsighted fool put this forward at Aviva.
    The company will be stigmatised and tainted for many years if Aviva proceeds.
  • Mahoney | 19 Mar 2018, 10:26 PM Agree 1
    I have asked Mark Wilson the following Question

Dear Mark,

Would you or a colleague explain why you are not proposing to use the Prospectus Paragraph 7. Purchase Para (i) as the method to reduce the Company's Preference Share Capital?

It is this section to which the annual report statement refers to each year
    Authority to purchase own shares At the Company’s 2016 AGM, shareholders renewed the Company’s authorities to make market purchases of up to 404 million ordinary shares, up to 100 million 8¾% preference shares and up to 100 million 83⁄8% preference shares.
    These authorities were not used during the year or up to the date of this report. At the 2017 AGM, shareholders will be asked to renew these authorities for another year and the resolution relating to ordinary
    shares will once again propose a maximum aggregate number of ordinary shares which the Company can purchase of less than 10% of the issued ordinary share capital. Details are contained in the Notice
    of AGM. The Company held no treasury shares during the year or up to the date of this report.

• Colin Boylett | 20 Mar 2018, 09:50 PM Agree 1
    Aviva have completely destroyed trust by attempting this. They have ruined the retirement funds of thousands of people. If they go ahead they will never be trusted and all prospective clients need to be warned. I am a holder and ex-IFA and will be founding an AVIVACRAP organisation, if not CRAPAVIVA. Aviva’s mission statement will be changed to ‘We rely upon small print to swindle the. public.’
  • Shaunm | 22 Mar 2018, 05:24 PM Agree 0
    The family has just transferred it's first policy (pension) from the Aviva group.
    First of many policies to be transferred or cancelled
  • Peter Tatham | 04 Apr 2018, 06:16 PM Agree 0
    Peter Tatham
    On March 8th I watched my Aviva B preference shares fall like a stone they fell from £1.78 to £1.09.I was forced to sell at various stages on the way down. Then discovered why. My irredeemable prefs were going to be bought back for £1.
    What I am looking for is compensation for the several thousand pounds I have lost.Hoping Nikki Morgan MP can get a result or a statement of intent from Aviva
  • Uknowho | 13 Apr 2018, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    Do not lose hope !
    Peter S
Post a reply