We use cookies to improve this site and enable full functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your browser. Our cookie policy.

Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 05 Feb 2018, 11:46 AM Agree 0
PPL “not being used enough” says CEO Inga Beale
  • An honest Marine Underwriter | 06 Feb 2018, 09:33 PM Agree 0
    Unfortunately, PPL as a business improvement tool is a myth.
    It adds unnecessary time, additional work for both brokers and underwriters.
    Time would be better spent on improving London Market wordings and contract terms that avoided unnecessary broker/underwriter intervention.
    It would help if there was a little more unbiased information circulated on PPL and truth about its use and actual take up. We tried to engage with PPL and their supporters but they did not want to listen and thus what is offered is not fit for purpose.
    As usual those in the seats of power would be better served listening to the miners at the actual coal face, however and rather unfortunately those in power appear to be sticking their fingers in their ears.
    I would finish by saying PPL is being used more than enough, "less is more".
    • Marine truth | 10 Feb 2018, 02:09 PM Agree 0
      The only surprising thing about your comment is that you knew how to switch on a computer and post it. I am a marine underwriter and, whilst I would not pretend PPL is perfect, you can use it to make life more efficient if you want to. What is more, I have taken some juicy bits of business off others because I am willing to use it. Dinosaurs like you are killing our market. If you are too lazy or incompetent to try and adapt to the real world why don’t you get out of the way and let those of us who care about London’s future do what is necessary to preserve it? You are an embarrassment.
  • A ROL CAT Underwriter | 13 Feb 2018, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    I fully agree with Marine Truth
Post a reply