Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 12 Feb 2018, 08:25 AM Agree 0
City that filed suit says “there are no hard feelings” for agent; still one of the local business community’s most important members
  • Sean | 12 Feb 2018, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    That’s what looking for “Cheap Insurance “ rather than a skilled, experienced Insurance Consutant gets you every time ...
  • Billy | 12 Feb 2018, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    Was there any proof or indication that other options were presented and the City chose the current policy? As an agent, we should give several options and let the client decide. We may make recommendations with solid reasoning for this choice or that choice, but in the end, let the client pick which one suits them the best. This allows us to be advisors and should eliminate or reduce the liability and the client will appreciate our honesty and candor.
    • Frank S. | 12 Feb 2018, 02:49 PM Agree 0
      Billy - You are obviously a professional; many others merely present a "proposal" consisting of a premium for GL, Auto, WC, Prop, etc, and a deposit, and don't think there is anything wrong with that. Until a jury comes back with an adverse award. Then the "agent" still believes they did nothing wrong; the insured signed the app, agreed to purchase the coverage, and paid the premium. In some states, like New York, that may be sufficient, however, in Mass, obviously it is not.
  • State Minimum not welcome | 12 Feb 2018, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    Agents are mostly looking to get you more coverage for the INSURED's benefit, case in point, than a couple more dollars a year in commission. I'm for the agent on this, PEOPLE choose to cheap in most cases, myself included, not the AGENTS.
    • Anon | 17 Feb 2018, 08:15 PM Agree 0
      I agree. I'm an agent and always let my clients know their coverage options but in the end it is the CLIENT's decision on the amount of coverage not the agent's. I finding it difficult to see how the agent is at fault here. Frank S. did give insight that it could have been a proposal that was all inclusive and did not have multiple quotes. I really hope there is other information that the court was made aware of that led to the verdict. Otherwise, I'm very disappointed in the court system.
Post a reply