Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 27 Feb 2018, 04:31 AM Agree 0
Company follows in the footsteps of another insurance heavyweight
  • LINDA OPERLE | 27 Feb 2018, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    I'M HAPPY TO HEAR LOCKTON CHUBB AND OTHER COMPANIES ARE TAKING A STAND AGAINST THE NRA'S MANIC DESIRE TO ARM AMERICA WITH NO CONSIDERATION TO SAFETY AND COMMON SENSE. WE ARE A DEMOCRACY NOT A COUNTRY BOUND BY THE MONEY AND INFLUENCE OF CORPORATIONS AND SPECIAL GREEDY INTERESTS. I WILL BE CHECKING THE AFFILIATIONS OF ALL COMPANIES I DO BUSINESS WITH GOING FORWARD.
    • | 28 Feb 2018, 01:03 PM Agree 0
      We are not a democracy. Though most of the DUMB MASSES think we are. we are a republic. Big difference
    • Pj | 02 Mar 2018, 04:16 PM Agree 0
      No consideration to safety? Are you serious? The NRA has many instructors and holds many courses in safety and proper handling, storage, and use of firearms. Please don't speak about what you don't know. Also, please never use all caps to get your point across. It doesn't work.
  • Confounded | 27 Feb 2018, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    I don't see the correlation here. An unstable teen shoots up a school so let's pull the insurance for the program that offers protection to gun owners that shoot in self-defense? One has nothing to do with the other...and if a teacher had a gun in this situation they could have probably saved lives.
    • | 27 Feb 2018, 10:51 AM Agree 1
      Exactly, for companies like Hertz and Avis, If a drunk climbs in one of your rental vehicles and kills someone, which it probably has been done thousands of times, how would you feel if Americans started boycotting your company for killing an innocent bystander?
  • Givenuponsociety | 27 Feb 2018, 10:19 AM Agree 1
    Confounded - You don't see the correlation because you are using common sense which unfortunately has flown out the window in our new "Safe Space" society.
  • Jen F. | 27 Feb 2018, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    Thank you Lockton as an industry professional, daughter of a teacher and mother.
  • Confounded 2 | 27 Feb 2018, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    I have to agree Confounded. I see no correlation between a troubled teen and the NRA or the legal gun owner. The NRA does not make the laws or establish protocol. And why are the legal gun owners being discriminated against again. If you want to see what happens when you remove guns from law abiding citizens take a look at the increased gun violence in Chicago, DC or any other city that has strict gun laws. The average citizen is following the rules but the criminal could care less and it makes his life a lot easier and safer because now he doesn't have to worry about getting shot when he commits a crime. Fix the mental issue in this country and leave the gun owners alone.
  • Patriot | 27 Feb 2018, 10:31 AM Agree 1
    Alcohol is illegal for underage persons but they get it routinely. Pot and other drugs are illegal but people of all ages get it routinely. Driving impaired is illegal but it happens routinely causing more deaths than guns. When we outlaw guns those that do the harm now will still get them routinely. Banning guns may make you feel good but when one is pointed at you, you will wish you had an alternative, one that too many law abiding citizens wish to surrender to the criminal.
  • Disgusted | 27 Feb 2018, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    This is obviously a political decision, not a moral or practical one. I will tend to do business with those companies that stay out of political debates which should be for private citizens and politicians, not corporations.
  • Calvin | 27 Feb 2018, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    Are you suggesting the teacher(s) should've been armed with the same type weapons as the deputies or with an AR15 like the criminal?
    • | 27 Feb 2018, 01:31 PM Agree 1
      A shotgun would be a better alternative. 20 gauge pump.
  • Brandon | 27 Feb 2018, 10:47 AM Agree 0
    So what you are telling me is that Chubb, Metlife, Delta, Hertz, Avis etc. That no one that works for these companies including the owners, CEO, Managers, employees don't own any guns. Did everyone of these people sell their guns and ammunition? BS. Hypocritical morons. Hey Hertz and Avis, if drunks are operating your vehicles, would you except a boycott on your business? Think about that. Stupid
  • Melissa | 27 Feb 2018, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    Happy to see more companies discontinuing affiliations with the NRA. It is past time that we take steps towards positive change for our country and gun violence. Thankful companies are doing their part to bring change to the conversation.
  • Surprised | 27 Feb 2018, 10:56 AM Agree 0
    A correlation is a relationship between two or more things and/or connections. You have stated just two, however, many things/connections have occurred to have led to this point. Studies have shown that the a big majority favor some sort of gun restriction(s) which is completely contrary to the stated beliefs of LaPierre and the NRA leadership.
  • Doug | 27 Feb 2018, 10:59 AM Agree 0
    Wrong!! We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic. The NRA has not once advocated for the arming of criminals and lunatics but for the arming of responsible American citizens to be able to protect themselves and their families from these very dangers, including a tyranical government who for whatever the reason would willingly take away our God given rights to own a firearm. If you don't want to own a gun that is your choice, but owning one is my right, and there are a whole lot more of us common folk than there are of you sell outs. If you want to stop this horrible wave of mass shootings start with the way we have been raising our children, teach them some real values, right from wrong, and that life isn't always gonna go your way, teach them responsible gun handling, and the meaning of the word NO! Stop allowing them to play violent video games and watch violent TV shows...it all boils down to parents actually being parents and taking a hard line and this crap will stop. We didn't have this problem when I was a kid and we had just as many guns then as we do now and we never has a problem.
    • bja | 28 Feb 2018, 10:31 AM Agree 0
      Thank you, sir. The problem is not the NRA or the guns. It is a society that has been raised on the La La Land idea of " I am ok, you are ok, we are all ok". And parents too busy wanting to be their children's friend instead of being THE PARENT.
  • AN INDEPENDENT AGENT | 27 Feb 2018, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    GOOD GOING CHUBB. I WILL MAKE SURE I GIVE AN EXTRA PUSH TO PLACE BUSINESS WITH YOU. WE LOVE COMPANIES THAT MAKE RESPONSIBLE DECISIONS LIKE CHUBB.
  • jim | 27 Feb 2018, 11:01 AM Agree 1
    Wrong thing to do! Caving to a political whim is not good business when you have people and clients on the other side of the issue. There are two sides to every issue, and this was a wrong choice!
  • I Get It | 27 Feb 2018, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    I don't understand why you don't see a correlation here. The NRA has stood and continues to stand against sensible gun laws. Laws that can prevent future massacres. They don't want to raise the minimum age to own guns. They are against banning bump stocks. They are against enhanced background checks. They are the biggest lobbyists by far to go against what the majority of Americans want concerning firearms. Corporations can't vote. So they are doing their part to make their voices heard. NRA members are close to 5 million. The other 295 million of American citizens have a voice as well. This is a prime example why powerful special interest have no place in Washington. I applaud this decision by Lockton and Chubb and Delta and anyone else that wants to fall on the side of the majority of Americans.
  • Charlton Heston | 27 Feb 2018, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    @Linda Operle, no, we're not a democracy. We're a republic. A republic is governed by the rule of law, not the whims of men. And, in the republic known as the United States, our Constitution specifically protects the right to keep and bear arms. That's what the NRA exists. And, thank goodness they do. Because if people like you had their way, every answer to government incompetence (how many times were the local sheriff and even the FBI warned about Cruz's likelihood of violence?) would be to restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens simply because it "feels" like you're doing something. Most people would support reasonable security enhancements (upping the purchase age from 18 to 21, better mental health screening as part of the background check process, etc.) but nonsensical ranting and irrational vilifying like yours just turns people off completely. As much as you may hate them, all you're doing is making the NRA's job that much easier.
  • | 27 Feb 2018, 11:09 AM Agree 0
    All caps? Scream louder/think less.
  • | 27 Feb 2018, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    I write insurance every day. This gives me a great point to bring up to my comercial prospective customers when I am quoting against Chubb.
    • Ins. Guy | 27 Feb 2018, 02:47 PM Agree 0
      I write insurance every day and it certainly will be something I bring up. Most of my clients will support it and stay with a company that has moral integrity.
  • T13 | 27 Feb 2018, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    It's just ignorant knee-jerk reactions.
  • Grounded | 27 Feb 2018, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    It has to do with the unhealthy fear mongering that's embedded in the cultural delusion that you need more guns to protect against guns. It's terrible to think that people want more guns around kids, when this was the issue that caused the problem in the first place.
    If a teacher was armed, what's stopping them from being mistaken for the shooter and killed by the police? What if they accidently shoot an innocent student? What if a student gets ahold of their gun and kills someone? Clearly, this is not thought through. Every major country in the world has renounced wanton gun ownership except the US and it has an exponentially higher number of child gun deaths than the rest of the world. See Australia's response to gun control.
  • Roger | 27 Feb 2018, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    I am absolutely amazed at how quickly we cast the blame for these outrageous events on a piece of metallic hardware. I doubt that at any time a pistol, a rifle, a BB gun, or an Army tank has caused harm to one person without the guidance of a human mindset controlling it. The devil with which we are dealing is one of a demented mentality- not a piece of cold metal. We will not find a solution to the random mass murders by trying to ostracize those who elect to manufacture or sell these weapons. And, in case you wonder, the only weapon I own is a broken BB gun!
  • Joe Harrington | 27 Feb 2018, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    There's some irony here. The firearms insurance programs sponsored by the NRA and other organizations actually do what public safety advocates proposed after the Newtown shootings: establish a third party (an insurer) with a big financial stake in seeing that a firearm was used lawfully and carefully.

Sadly, we have far more guns than we have firearms insurance policies. We cannot begin to control gun violence until our culture comes to view commerce in firearms as entailing responsibilities as well as rights.
  • | 27 Feb 2018, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    If u don't see the correlation between guns that should be limited to war and what happened here and in Vegas and on and on , then you clearly don't have children or if u do then u have still not awaken to the reality . The fact that u are " confounded " is amazing to me . Please WAKE up ..
    • marathonman17 | 05 Mar 2018, 05:03 PM Agree 0
      Are you placing yourself in charge of deciding which guns "should be limited to war". The average non-gun-owning feel good voter would include all semi-automatic weapons in that category. Thus banning virtually all legitimate self defense weapons.
  • Kevin | 27 Feb 2018, 11:47 AM Agree 0
    Guns are here to stay. It is naïve to think that you can take them all away. Try and only the criminals will have them. I think you should do all you can to support the NRA. Seems to me, you would do every thing possible to support any organization that encourages responsible gun ownership. That is just good risk management. Insurance companies should be all about risk management. I don't think we would discontinue drivers education just because someone uses a vehicle to commit murder.
  • TexasAgent | 27 Feb 2018, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    The insurance industry is quick to jump on the bandwagon of liberal gun opponents but can't wait to get on the list of suppliers of insurance coverage for the marijuana industry. What has our industry come to? Been in it for 40 years and it's time get out!!
  • Patriot values | 27 Feb 2018, 11:50 AM Agree 0
    We are a democratic republic not a democracy.
  • EnoughAlready | 27 Feb 2018, 12:15 PM Agree 0
    I'm not understanding the correlation either.....BUT it does seem to me, however, the ones who do not want anyone judging them for their 'freedoms/rights' are the same ones quickly judging everyone else for their 2nd amendment right/freedom...please, correct me if I'm wrong here...AND a special (SARCASTIC) thank you to the media for making the ones committing the violence the ones in the spotlight, feeding the narcissism and creating the cycle of uproar and panic for more narcissistic teenagers/people to get their attention and fame...bravo...bravo
  • Compassion | 27 Feb 2018, 12:21 PM Agree 0
    Let's stop blaming everyone but the cause of the root problem. So typical! That is why we have these problems. Someone cuts you off and pretends not to see you - not taking responsibility. This starts with the example set at home. Start taking responsibility for you own actions, including compassion for others. Wake up, we are raising a society of people who don't care about anyone but themselves. If they want to take themselves out, why not others with them. it means nothing to them. The NRA is NOT the problem. Start taking responsibility!
  • Tim P | 27 Feb 2018, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    Instead of democracy, how about a "democratic republic". There is a difference.
  • Done | 27 Feb 2018, 12:43 PM Agree 0
    Shame on you Lockton.
  • Paul Wilson CPCU | 27 Feb 2018, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    It would be interesting to see Chubb's loss ratio with Carry-G
    uard.
  • Anonyme | 27 Feb 2018, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    For years, anti-gun people have pushed for gun owners to get more training and to carry insurance -- sometimes (as we saw in NY in 2013, truly ridiculous levels of insurance).

Now they are busy trying to put training and insurance companies out of business.

Can't have it both ways, folks.
  • Great Equalizer | 27 Feb 2018, 01:03 PM Agree 0
    What I love about this is Chubb and Lockton are only hurting themselves by being weak. This is the great Capitalist equalizer and Shapiro outlines it best. Capitalism has no prejudice, no political opinion. If that business was profitable, someone else will quickly step in and swoop it up. The NRA won't skip a beat. Chubb and Lockton will probably alienate an equal if not greater number of people that support the 2nd amendment then they've served here and life will go on. Other than a few headlines this will have zero impact on anything. The answer to the problem is moving closer to the second amendment, not further away from it. Protect the schools like they are federal buildings, let people that are licensed carry guns and the problem will next to disappear.
  • Fed up | 27 Feb 2018, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    A kid goes on a mental rampage and we get screwed because of it? Talk about knee-jerk reactions. They continue to throw the blame around. What is wrong with today's society? No respect, no honor, no truth. It's all about the money.

Why don't you point the finger at the company who built the school? Why don't you blame the parents for sending the kids to public school? Why don't you blame the principal for not arming the teachers decades ago? Why don't you take away all the steak knives in the country, furnaces, space heaters and swimming pools? These items cause more death that firearms combined. Look it up, know the facts and stop being sheeple.
  • Robbo | 27 Feb 2018, 01:23 PM Agree 0
    The FBI dropped the ball by ignoring valid tips that the murderer was unstable, violent and had access to a gun. The Broward County Sheriffs Office ignored tips that the murderer was unstable, violent and had access to a gun. The Broward County Sheriffs Office visited the murderer between 23 and 36 times in the prior years in response to complaints that he was unstable, violent and had committed domestic assault.
    The government's background check FAILED.
    The federal system (FBI) negligently ignored complaints. The federal check FAILED.
    The BCSO visited the murderer for violent behavior, yet did nothing- ignored its own history with the murderer. The county check FAILED.
    Every step of the way, the "something" that all the anti-gun people insist be implemented- and was in place in this case- FAILED.
    Don't dare ask for greater restrictions on our civil rights if you won't even use the restrictions that are already in place.
  • russ1218 | 27 Feb 2018, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Since you would rather bow down to liberal fearmongering than support an organization with a stellar reputation for promoting safe use of firearms not only have you lost my support but I am actively going to pull all of my friends support that I ca.
  • Gail Kozlowski | 27 Feb 2018, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    Sure am glad I stayed with USCCA for my carry insurance. A stable, consistent company that doesn’t change with pressure. I have confidence in the NRA for standing up for my 2nd amendment rights and USCCA to be with me in case I would ever have to exercise those rights.
  • Donna | 27 Feb 2018, 02:49 PM Agree 0
    I'll be sure to mention Chubb's stance to my clients; a very large number will not take kindly to their position. I expect to be more renewal marketing in the coming months than I had expected.
    • Equalizer | 27 Feb 2018, 05:58 PM Agree 0
      Ditto. Pathetic stunt. When will they realize that we are the NRA, it's not some fictitious beast out there... I bet by the time this is done the NRA ends up with a better balance sheet then before these companies pulled the plug because half the country still understands that half the world lives in a Totalitarian regime and we aren't going there.
  • ex stock holder | 27 Feb 2018, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    Sell your stock in Chubb
  • Maxi | 27 Feb 2018, 03:03 PM Agree 0
    Does this mean I get my 300.00 in paid for Instrutor of 2.000.000 that I just paused. I don’t care about the insurers as long as get my 300.00 for liability insurance
  • | 27 Feb 2018, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    I am an independent agent and represent Chubb. Today they went from a company of choice to a company of last resort.
    • RLS | 27 Feb 2018, 03:57 PM Agree 0
      I'm an IA too. Believe MetLife & Enterprise Holdings have announced they will no longer offer discounts to NRA members.
  • IA in IA | 27 Feb 2018, 04:59 PM Agree 0
    Linda, I'm glad you replied all caps, I could barely hear you! Self defense is off topic as concerns reactions to the Parkland School tragedy. Let's discuss the issues at hand: mental capacity/illness, lack of follow-up by law enforcement, checks for firearms sales, etc. To rush to judgement that concealed carry or offering insurance for law abiding citizens be sanctioned is irrational decision making.
  • HUEY | 27 Feb 2018, 05:44 PM Agree 0
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMPANIES THAT BEND TO SHOUTS OF FEW, ARMED GUARDS SHOULD BE AT SCHOOLS TO PROTECT KIDS. RICH AND PEOPLE IN POWER HAVE ARMED GUARDS.
  • Donald Peerson | 27 Feb 2018, 06:28 PM Agree 0
    Why is it EVERY time there is a major school shooting THAT LIBERALS and the uneducated gun haters blame the NRA and GUNS. I'm 70 years old, a combat veteran and I have never seen a gun of any caliber shoot one human being. Nor have I ever heard of the NRA advocating any school shooting or the murder of all person. If you are worring about gun violence then remove the GUN FREE ZONE signs and other signs that say "you can murder anyone you want here."
    The NRA teaches gun safety, the history of guns, marksmanship of gun and so many other programs.THEY DON'T THEACH ABOUT MURDER. So why DON'T you see what the NRA really is about. Remember the NRA hasn't murdered 500,000,000 lives thru ABORTION as have the LIBERALS.
  • Randi | 27 Feb 2018, 06:32 PM Agree 0
    Actually, the US is a republic, not a democracy.
  • LB | 27 Feb 2018, 06:38 PM Agree 0
    Have to agree, but not with Linda. The NRA, like them or hate them, argues from a Constitutional instead of an emotional position. Their lobbying cash is a statistical peanut, but not their loyal members, who vote AND resent the Democratic Party piggybacking on murdered students rather than seeking solutions.
    Obama era gun-control hysteria made the AR-15 the most purchased gun in US history (displacing an inexpensive .22 plinker)so that genie is already out of the bottle. But the same carnage could have been caused with 1897 firearms technology.
  • DJohnson | 27 Feb 2018, 07:12 PM Agree 0
    Let's keep skirting responsibility to where it lays. Abel was killed by an assault rock that should have never been in that field it wasn't CAIN'S FAULT. Many of you people have a problem correlate the actual problem as opposed to injecting you personal irrational fears as Dr. Sigmund Freud would outline.
  • | 27 Feb 2018, 08:21 PM Agree 0
    You will not get any business from me or my family. No NRA- NO Chubb!
  • mmi | 27 Feb 2018, 09:41 PM Agree 0
    the fl shooting is the poster child to show the government is not going to protect you .
  • April | 28 Feb 2018, 12:22 AM Agree 0
    Unbelievable! I think people have lost their minds. It isn't the gun, it is the mentally unstable people. I almost feel like somebody is paying off these companies to stop supporting the NRA.
  • Henry | 28 Feb 2018, 12:33 AM Agree 0
    Well you won’t support and cover what you agreed to do. Which is a breach of contract. I will tak all of my businesses insurance to another company who will stand with its customers.
  • JM | 28 Feb 2018, 12:59 AM Agree 0
    Looks like I am dropping Lockton and shopping elsewhere.
  • KM | 28 Feb 2018, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    OK, Guns don't kill, people do. Well, insurance companies don't sue for shooting people, lawyers and the injured do. Insurance companies help cover your exposure to losses. When insurance companies see a risk too great they will either stop selling a policy or raise te rates. If another insurance company feels they can make money, they will start offering the policies. The insurance companies are not the bad guys here, they like every other business need to make money to pay their expenses.
  • | 28 Feb 2018, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    To all the " feel" good boobs: There are plenty of other rational companies that are "clear" thinking and don't make knee jerk decisions. Make top managemant should look at top managemant
  • GM | 28 Feb 2018, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    @ I Get It
    I m afraid you don't get it. In 2016, there were under 13,000 murders in this country. Firearm were responsible for under 9000. 396 for ALL classes of rifle, an AR15 is a subset so its less than that. In 2016, over 6000 murders were committed knives. Please explain why you are willing to ban a guns and not knives? As far as anyone knows there has been only 1 crime (with many multiple counts) committed with a bump stock. I do believe the genie is out of the bottle with the bump stock. The trouble is there are thousands maybe a million of bump stocks out there and no one knows who owns them. They were never registered. The NRA wants them registered like an automatic weapon. Its a huge practical pattern. The NRA is not against enhanced background checks. The have been pushing for enhanced background checks for 30 years. They want civil and criminal penalties for governmental agencies who fail in their duties. In the last 2 mass shootings, multiple government agencies failed in duties. While it maybe true that a majority of American are behind some form of gun control, you loose them on the detail. There are about 300 million people in the country and gun ownership that we know about is 1.1. with 3.1 million guns that means there are many more gun owners than the NRA's 5 million. The 2nd Amendment gives Americans the right to own firearms. This was a guarantee that the citizen has resources if the government tries to enslave them. If you want to ban guns then you need a constitutional amendment. This has never been attempted because the gun control people do not have the support. All these companies who take this type of stand are going to take in on the chin. Those other 150 million gun owners will make them pay. As for my sources, crime stats came directly from the FBI, gun ownership is an average of what different research organization predict.
  • GM | 28 Feb 2018, 01:26 PM Agree 0
    I think decisions like this will come to haunt Chubb, and all those other companies. They were being threatened by boycotts by the anti bots. The gun owners, estimated to be close to 50% of the country, they wont argue, kick up a fuss. They just wont ever use those companies again. Very short sighted.
  • | 28 Feb 2018, 08:05 PM Agree 0
    It is a shame our liberty is so easily tossed aside.
  • Instructor Dave | 28 Feb 2018, 09:23 PM Agree 0
    I am an NRA certified firearms safety instructor doing what the NRA was originally chartered for: train Americans in firearms safety and marksmanship. Like thousands of others, my instructor's liability insurance is carried by Lockton. Without Lockton, many of us may not have any alternative but to stop teaching law abiding men and women how to safely handle firearms so as not to hurt themselves or others.
  • Boycott King | 28 Feb 2018, 10:51 PM Agree 0
    Any company that boycotts the NRA will have many people repaying them in kind.

Good luck with next years P&L statements.
  • give it up! | 01 Mar 2018, 04:21 PM Agree 0
    I'm sure we all wish we could stop mass shootings by passing stricter gun laws, or cancelling insurance plans, but most Americans realize that's not going to fix the problem. Businesses like Lockton should stick to the business at hand, and remain out of the political realm. It just hurts your business.
  • | 03 Mar 2018, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    A knee jerk reaction providing no solutions. Punishing the members of the NRA makes no sense as they committed no offense. One question needs to be asked... why are schools the only public access buildings with no form of security? Why can’t medical professionals report unstable people to authorities for gun removal. Guns dont kill people without very disturbed people behind them. Tantamount to removing cars from drunk or drugged drivers. No... corporations making reactionary moves such as Lockton d9 not provide solutions and will have no impact. Half the people will think it’s great and the other half will stop doing business with them....
  • Ins Agent - NRA Member | 03 Mar 2018, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely brutal knee-jerk reaction of evidently closet Libtard management teams. Through this reaction, Chubb, MetLife and others are now "outed". Like other contributors, my agency will be leveraging this fact against Chubb, MetLife and their ilk. After 33 years in the business, I am focusing our commercial marketing on likely "middle" or "right-wing" clientele, as our experience with the left-wingers is marginal at best. This is both in daily interactions and to a lesser extent, loss experience. Look forward to seeing how this pans out in the marketplace with these pandering corporations.
  • Cyndy, Central NY | 03 Mar 2018, 04:15 PM Agree 0
    Thank you Lockton. We need more companies who are not afraid to take a stand on this issue that is critical to to future of our country.
  • Marathonman17 | 05 Mar 2018, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    So you will write liability insurance for an employer who forbids their employees from carrying a weapon for self defense, but not a policy for the individual who carries a legally permitted weapon, and has a carry permit.
    Chalk another one up for the criminals.
  • Browne | 26 Apr 2018, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    What a way for the liberals and democrats to have their way. I am a very well trained firearms instructor and have given Lockton a great deal of money over 20 years and never had a claim. Now they put me in a category of killer, screw them. I will never use Lockton. Again or accept their policies on bid jobs ever again for construction projects
  • Cheech | 08 May 2018, 06:16 PM Agree 0
    We are a Republic, not a democracy. I will be checking companies who do not support the NRA. I am the NRA, we have killed no one.
  • Simtrainer | 09 Jul 2018, 10:02 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely ridiculous. Those who obtain insurance are responsibly armed citizens who take the right to own, carry and potentially is a gun in self defense very seriously. The insurance is to help them cover the overwhelming legal expenses involved in proving their actions were justifiable. Just imagine the outcry if auto insurance companies withdrew coverages for those owning and driving sports cars like Farraris or Lamprguinnis (sorry about the spelling)! Nothing but uniformed and politically motivated strong arming of law abiding citizens who think differently than they do. Eventually, the boycotting of such organizations will be impacting.
Post a reply