Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 12 Jan 2018, 03:55 AM Agree 0
Firm to draw on its existing property data and customer relationships to create tailored insurance coverages
  • Martin | 12 Jan 2018, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    This form of selling is the type that should be illegal. Many banks are putting the strong arm on borrowers and in some cases forcing them inadvertently to take their insurance. I have been told more than once from business owners that banks promise a lower interest rate if they purchase their insurance products.. This is illegal and it will be only a matter of time until they are investigated.. With banks and mortgage entities bad reputation especially as of late, the commissioner needs to keep a very short rope on these type of transactions.
  • Linda | 12 Jan 2018, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    I agree! However, I have found that insurance commissioners are able to respond appropriately if the customers lodge a formal complaint. Most are unwilling to do that, as they do not want to compromise their favorable lending arrangements.
Post a reply