Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 01 Jun 2018, 07:35 AM Agree 0
Comedian's comment spawned serious backlash
  • David Lee 'General" | 01 Jun 2018, 10:52 AM Agree 1
    I work for an insurance competitor of State Farm, but today I am proud of State Farm's swift stance on pulling advertising revenue for the TV show 'Full Frontal' and the key hosts intentional cheap shot comment.

Too bad her Grandmother is not making her wash out her mouth with soap for such a vile public comment, which not so indirectly taints the White House.

I guess having the host dismissed without severance pay is too much to hope for, but for sure if enough advertising revenue is pulled, it will automatically implode on TBS.
    • Jim W | 07 Jun 2018, 05:38 AM Agree 0
      I totally agree. So glad to hear someone call it like it is.
  • Sandi | 01 Jun 2018, 10:53 AM Agree 1
    Bravo State Farm!
  • | 01 Jun 2018, 11:20 AM Agree 1
    Great Job State Farm. More companies should stand up!
  • Sean | 01 Jun 2018, 11:50 AM Agree 0
    Yes ~ Very inappropriate comment.
    At the same time ~~ a Tone Deaf Ivanka should exercise all the Influence she can over Dear Ol’ Dads position on Immigration
  • Frank S. | 01 Jun 2018, 11:50 AM Agree 1
    Good for State Farm! Just like The Roseanne Barr show, Samantha Bee needs yo be cancelled. Enough of her tasteless and vulgar “humor” directed to our First 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.
  • Mark L. | 01 Jun 2018, 11:53 AM Agree 1
    Great job State Farm. You have earned my respect. Such a double standard these days. Roseanne gets fired, entire show gets cancelled while Samantha Bee gets away with an apology.
  • MM | 01 Jun 2018, 12:00 PM Agree 1
    She, along with quite a few comedians who use their so- called comedic air time for horrific political assaults should have their sponsorships and advertisers reconsidering pouring money into pseudo- political grandstanding. I would love to watch pure comedy, but when these nasty attacks on individuals are launched, I see no sense of humor...no comedic talent.
    • enoughdblstd | 01 Jun 2018, 01:18 PM Agree 0
      What is it that Trump does except make nasty attacks on people?
  • Jerry D. Jackson, LUTCF | 01 Jun 2018, 12:02 PM Agree 1
    While I am not a State Farm Agent, I also hail from the same home town of Bloomington, IL, and thus share the feeling of pride in their rapid withdrawal of support for Samantha Bee's show in light of her vile statement. How is that not a parallel to the Rosie situation? Just as vile, in my viewpoint, and should lead to the same result. Then again, I've never watched her show, and seldom watch anything on that network. State Farm, Proud of you!!
  • Hurrah | 01 Jun 2018, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    Applaud STate Farm for having the guts to stand up to the hypocritical left!
  • Enoughdblstd | 01 Jun 2018, 01:16 PM Agree 1
    How is it that Trump gets to make comments about grabbing women by their "obscene reference to their anatomy deleted" and wasn't fired and in fact received enough votes to get elected PRESIDENT by the jerrymandered electoral college?

Are you people forgetting that you elected a misogynist? Or that his family is feckless in the roles he has given them?

If you fire 'him', all will be forgiven.
  • Roger | 01 Jun 2018, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    It's a sad commentary of our time when you can brazenly criticize, bully, and/or demean someone without having to consider the possible effects of a mouth full of knuckles or maybe a broken nose.
  • enoughdblstd | 01 Jun 2018, 01:39 PM Agree 1
    Funny how you won't post comments that are critical of the idiocy in the White House.
  • | 01 Jun 2018, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    I to work for a large insurance company and stand with State farm in their decision to vacate this show. I believe that if the network stands with Samantha Bees show that I would recommend they pull all future advertising as well
  • F.G | 01 Jun 2018, 04:08 PM Agree 0
    Great job State Farm! This vulgar and hate spewing needs to be stopped on all sides. The only thing that will get their attention is when it affects their pocketbook
  • | 01 Jun 2018, 05:08 PM Agree 0
    I am no fan of Donald Trump but I highly applaud the companies who wont stand for this kind of stuff.
  • John Ward | 02 Jun 2018, 08:30 AM Agree 0
    I am in favor of this action by State Farm and applaud their prompt response .

• Grandma in NC | 02 Jun 2018, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    I also work in the insurance industry but with a different company and believe this says a lot about the character of the company. Maybe if a others paying advertisers would follow suit you’d have far less people so willing to use a camera and mike to bash each other especially legally voted into office officials. Aid you voted you gave your voice at that time as did all there others your person just didn’t win so move on and stop throwing a fit about it. How can a government or company be strong and productive if others are constantly battering their leaders and their family.
  • Billt4speed | 04 Jun 2018, 09:48 AM Agree 1
    I am NOT in favor of this and State Farm is siding with a woman who has ADMITTED on CAMERA that she is COMPLICIT with what her Father is doing as POTUS. DJT can LIE 4 times a day about small or important things with NO repercussion. Why do we not hold our President to a higher standard??? and what is happening in these detention centers where CHILDREN are separated from their parents is UNSPEAKABLY wrong!! and in response to Grandma in NC.....DJT DAILY belittles and rebukes people with miss-TRUTHS and FACTUALLY INCORRECT comments....But that's OK????
  • RAS | 04 Jun 2018, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    Good for you neighbor!
  • SRE | 04 Jun 2018, 12:33 PM Agree 0
    Double standards as usual!!! Good for State Farm and the others that pulled their advertisements from Samantha Bee's crude show. She oozes of evil and hatred, and yet can keep her TV show? She has the most foul mouth and no one is doing anything about taking her nasty show off the air? All she's accomplishing is showing people that if she can get away with saying the things she says, so should everyone else. And we wonder what's wrong with our world today? Too many Samantha Bees out there.
  • Jim W | 07 Jun 2018, 05:46 AM Agree 0
    Samantha Bee crossed serious line. There are certain words most of were raised to not to say. So much so that we refer to them as the “N” word or the “C” word. So-called comedians like Samantha Bee substitute talent for shock. I hope State Farm sticks to their guns and pulls their support from her show permanently.
  • Justice W | 07 Jun 2018, 05:53 AM Agree 0
    The headline of this article “State Farm jilts Samantha Bee show after 'vile' Ivanka Trump jibe” reflects typical liberal bias. State Farm didn’t “jilt” the Samantha Bee show, Samantha Bee and her team decided that using the “C” word for Trump’s daughter would be edgy and funny. The fact that vile is in quotes indicates that some would consider it vile and other’s not. I’d like to know who considered Samantha Bee’s comments not “vile”. I will not support any company that supports her and her brand of comedy.
  • DonnaA | 07 Jun 2018, 08:56 PM Agree 0
    State Farm DO NOT CANCEL Samanta Bee for using a Dirty Word that I have heard used many times against Hillary and frankly Michelle. So Samanta Bee used a dirty word against Ivanka Trump who has her own history. Look up what happened in her Factories in China. Inspectors went missing when they were checking abuses in children working there in 18 hours shifts. A few thrown in jail, and others went missing. She is no innocent baby. Furthermore, I don't see her standing up to her Father who says the most terrible things to and against people (john McCain) for heavens sake. That is a real shocker frankly. So a little dirty word is just silly. Her investigative reporting in the format of funny and sometimes dirty words, do not take away from the fact they are true. The phony outrage is shocking to me..
  • DonnaA | 07 Jun 2018, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    GIT A BACKBONE STATE FARM AND DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THE PHONY OUTRAGE. SAMANTA BEE USED A DIRTY WORD. SO WHAT.
  • Dartes | 09 Jun 2018, 08:03 PM Agree 0
    GEE AND I BET YOU DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP SINCE HE SAID "YOU CAN GRAB THEM BY THE ________".
Post a reply