Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 05 Mar 2018, 06:12 AM Agree 0
Social media has heightened reputational risk and the economic consequences are high
  • officiousintermeddler | 05 Mar 2018, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    Grow a pair!!! More kids die daily from distracted driving. I don't see insurers dropping ties with Ford and Chevy.
    Sad place we live in, social justice warriors can scare the balls right off major companies.
    This just made me spend $1,500 on a Lifetime NRA membership.
  • | 05 Mar 2018, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    Spot on officiousintermeddler!
  • | 05 Mar 2018, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    I will boycott companies who have severed ties with the NRA which is legitimately the representative of over 4 million American Citizens who value their liberty and the constitution. The 2n amemdment exists expressly to protect the United States from foreign enemies but also to protect citizens from tyrannical governments actions such as has happened in many contries over many centuries. It was the well armed patriot who rose up against a tyrannical British government. Lest we forget that.
  • D | 05 Mar 2018, 12:51 PM Agree 0
    Liar. If you weren't a member before I doubt this article suddenly spurred your interest.
  • Ray Harkins | 05 Mar 2018, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    The NRA is not a “gun lobbying group”. It is a group that does many positives including promoting gun safety, while seeking to preserve second amendment rights. None of the mass murders were NRA members or espoused NRA policies.
  • 1%whopays4U | 05 Mar 2018, 01:12 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps the "the angry mob" will hold beer and video game companies to the same standard so insurers can walk from both of them. A murderer is now a "shooter" and a 19 year old man is now a "student".
  • 2ndAmendsuppoter | 05 Mar 2018, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    I guess these companies are not worried about the economical backlash from NRA members?
  • | 05 Mar 2018, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    Ironic that the outcry over the death of 17-people has reached such proportions, but the death of thousands of fetuses through abortion hardly causes a peep. Shows how the left's political agenda drives the perception of our society. I'll just make it a point to avoid doing business with these gutless organizations.
    • silkeewilkee | 05 Mar 2018, 02:29 PM Agree 0
      So you are basically saying that both abortion and ridiculous gun laws should be changed because they both promote death at different levels?
  • Silkeewilkee | 05 Mar 2018, 01:45 PM Agree 1
    I would say these companies did grow a pair and have finally stood up to the gun lobby. So it's just okay that we stand by and do nothing while kids continue to die from not having enough strict gun laws? glad to hear you wasted money on a soon-to-be bankrupt organization.
    • Donna Tincher | 05 Mar 2018, 02:46 PM Agree 0
      Stricter gun laws will not protect these kids. Look at Chicago. They have the some of the strictest gun laws around. You have to jump thru hoops to purchase a firearm and wait months for a conceal/carry license. Yet it seems the people that are shooting folks don't care too much about the gun laws, no matter how strict they are. It only keeps the law abiding citizens unarmed longer.
  • gvi | 05 Mar 2018, 02:25 PM Agree 0
    Too many righties in insurance - white male nationalists - who do not care about equality for everyone and rights for women. Gun regulation has nothing to do with abortion. This country is being destroyed by the Republican far right and conservative "Christians" who are more concerned about money than helping those who need it.
    • Just stupid | 08 Mar 2018, 06:27 PM Agree 0
      How come its only minority rights that matter anymore? What about the rest of our rights, including the babies?
  • r | 05 Mar 2018, 03:16 PM Agree 0
    How many of these comments are from paid Russian trolls?
  • Max Shumack | 05 Mar 2018, 04:00 PM Agree 0
    If I thought that getting rid of guns would stop or dramatically decrease the awful sad occurrance that occurred at that school in Florida recently, I would personally seek to destroy every gun I could find---I don't believe it would do anything to curb that sort of tragedy except create more publicity which I sincerely believe is the "root" cause of this sort of thing in the first place---We do not have a gun problem in this country ---We have a "people" problem---Television is filled with every sort of deviate behavior that can be imagined--Violence has been glorified and made available at every age level---The argument by young people that "everyone is doing it" has become the norm--Nothing in the News is screened---Feeble attempts are simply laughable---We can only guess at the consequences of the loss of Billy Graham who convinced people to follow Christ and turn from their sad hopeless lives filled with heartaches and pain--I even shutter to think what kind of weapon will be the choice if guns are removed as the weapon of choice or the weapon available to use---A demented mind filled with hate will always find a way to kill and their choice of a weapon is anything that will carry out their terrible deed--I pray that we can find a way to reach these dangerous individuals while they are young---"PROVERBS 22 VERSE 6 TRAIN UP A CHILD IN THE WAY HE SHOULD GO AND WHEN HE IS OLD HE WILL NOT DEPART FROM IT"---That Nails It---Max Shumack
  • Dan | 05 Mar 2018, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    The MSM is at it again. Destroying any organization that does not meet their agenda. As good as the NRA at promoting gun safety through education the MSM would like to destroy them anyway. A very sad sate of affairs. The reality is that most of those crying about how bad the NRA is have no clue what the do for our communities and the youth of this country. They also are not the active consumers that NRA members are so they should stop listening to the talking heads and speak to real people before making stupid decisions like these.
  • Dave | 08 Mar 2018, 05:39 PM Agree 0
    More virtue signaling by gutless company executives.
  • Just stupid | 08 Mar 2018, 06:24 PM Agree 0
    The companies are worried about the economic tornados. Tornados effect a small area and pass quickly.

Hurricanes on the other hand, cover a large area, move slowly, and do a lot more damage than tornados.

Corporate Heads that boycott the NRA, lookout for the hurricanes that are coming!
Post a reply