FWD reveals rebrand, new CEO for Malaysia life insurance business

The deal was announced earlier in February

FWD reveals rebrand, new CEO for Malaysia life insurance business

Life & Health

By Kenneth Araullo

FWD Group has revealed the rebranding of its acquired Malaysian life insurance business as well as the new CEO who will take on the reins.

Gibraltar BSN Life Berhad will now be known as FWD Insurance Berhad, with Aman Chowla announced as its new chief executive officer in charge of the group’s life insurance business in Malaysia. This expansion and the subsequent rebrand was announced during a business community luncheon held in Kuala Lumpur.

FWD announced the acquisition in February and inked the deal a few months after. Together with other investors, FWD will hold an effective 70% stake, with the remaining 30% to be owned by Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN).FWD Group chief distribution officer Binayak Dutta commented on the rebrand as well as Chowla’s appointment as new CEO.

“It's an exciting time as we introduce our FWD brand to even more Malaysians and create a full-service offering in the country. Aman is a seasoned industry veteran with great career experience and success in Malaysia. We look forward to leveraging his deep expertise in a market with fantastic long-term growth potential,” Dutta said.

Chowla has been in the industry for more than 20 years, with expertise in the life and general sectors. According to his LinkedIn, he previously held CEO and other senior roles at various Asian insurers such as Prudential and AIA.

“FWD's commitment to changing the way people feel about insurance, and its exciting growth plans in Malaysia, were defining factors in my decision to join the company. I look forward to working closely with my new colleagues to bring FWD's easy-to-understand products and services to more people in Malaysia,” Chowla said.

What are your thoughts on this story? Please feel free to share your comments below.

Related Stories

Keep up with the latest news and events

Join our mailing list, it’s free!