National Business Development Manager
CHU Underwriting Agencies
Boasting almost 30 years of service with CHU; Pip is arguably the most experienced Strata Insurance BDM’s in Australia. Pip’s uncompromising passion for the needs of her clients underpins her approach to her role.
Pip differentiates herself from her peers by building and maintaining deep and enduring relationships with all of her intermediaries, large and small. Many of these relationships span her entire time with CHU while others although relatively new are very deep and trusting. This is highlighted in particular through Pip’s engagement in a multiplicity of activities that assist her intermediaries, which have included the following:
• Development and delivery of professional development programs in-house with key broking clients.
• Being invited onto the Working Committee for the 2019 NSW Strata Community Australia (SCA) Conference.
• Regularly reaching out her clients during Covid lockdown when many were struggling to maintain self-motivation
• Going the extra mile to organise key personal events including milestone birthday celebrations and corporate events for key intermediaries.
• Ensuring that she personally assists clients with their ongoing compliance/intermediary obligations.
• Developed specialised Broker Portal for AR Networks for training and information for their individual AR’s.
• Delivery of meaningful ongoing educational programs that elevates the effectiveness of the Authorised Representative network.
• Performing a Mentoring Women’s role to various women in strata in an official and non- official capacity.
• Performing a mentoring role for new BDM’s and Team Leaders that CHU develops within the group
Pip’s extensive product knowledge has been shaped by past roles in senior underwriting and broking environments. These experiences have given her a depth of understanding about CHU’s products that is unsurpassed. It has also seen her develop a “solutions seeking” approach for every client encounter and her successful “can do” outlook.
Her portfolio growth is consistently above her projected targets as she continues to develop and support her clients when new products are launched within the CHU group.
Pip was instrumental in launching CHU’s digital brand CHUiSAVER (now Flex Insurance) conducting initial research to understand the digital needs of her clients. She continues to work closely with CHU’s clients helping them understand the choices provided by the new entrant to the strata insurance market. This is reflected in her strong GWP growth for the brand.
Pip’s desire and drive to understand Brokers needs and help them solve challenges has always been her main focus. She loves to guide her clients in achieving their goals and makes the process seamless. Pip is a great advocate for her valued cients.
In true testament to Pip’s impressive track-record, she was the 2016 recipient of the Strata Community Australia (SCA) Max Dunn Award for Excellence The highly respected award is granted by industry vote to someone who has actively demonstrated leadership within and camaraderie to the Strata Industry.