Suncorp’s over-50s insurance brand Apia has expanded its community partnership program with Heart Foundation Walking called Steppin Out to promote the overall health and well-being of its members.
The program, which started in February 2018, expanded to Coffs Harbour and Ballarat, making it available to all 15 Apia stores, and reaching more than 300 registered members across Australia.
“By bringing people together for a walk and a chat we can help keep them mentally and physically healthy, and connect with residents to promote overall health and well-being,” said Sara Smith, Apia business development manager and program lead. “As well as regular group walks, the program helps build an understanding of the local communities in which we operate so we can provide them better experiences and help strengthen the connections between customers.”
Apia’s Steppin Out program is available on the following schedule:
- Apia Charlestown - Fridays - 8:30am
- Apia Shellharbour - Thursdays - 7:45am
- Apia Port Macquarie - Thursdays - 8:30am
- Apia Geelong - Thursdays - 10:00am
- Apia Hobart - Thursdays - 9:15am
- Apia Coolangatta - Tuesdays - 8:00am
- Apia Mornington - Tuesdays - 10:00am
- Apia Devonport - Tuesdays - 2:30pm
- Apia Launceston - Tuesdays - 9:45am
- Apia Mandurah - Tuesdays - 9:00am
- Apia Albury - Wednesdays - 8:30am
- Apia Maroochydore - Wednesdays - 8:30am
- Apia Bundaberg - Wednesdays - 8:30am
- Apia Ballarat - Wednesdays - 9:00am
- Apia Coffs Harbor - Wednesdays - 9:00am
All community members are welcome to join in.