If you could make anonymous confessions about your working day, what would you say? A new app called Secret
lets people post just such confessions, with hilarious results.
Here are a few of our favourite office confessions:
1. Slowly coming to the unsettling conclusion that getting ahead in corporate society requires not telling stupid people the truth. – Portland
2. On a conference call. Thought I was on mute. I wasn’t. Good thing a lot of people called in. Anyone could’ve made those sounds. Anyone. – San Jose
3. Wearing Gryffindor socks to this job interview. – California
4. 10 of the most important people in my work/play life share at least one name. I’m terrified I’m going to email the wrong one. – New York
5. I’ve been secretly taking naps at work. It’s made me so much more productive. – Washington DC
6. The thing I fear most at work? Clogging the toilet. – Ohio
7. I think the receptionist judges me for the amount of online shopping I have delivered to the office. – New York
8. Every time I watch Mad Men
, I wish it was still appropriate to drink at the office. – Friend
9. At work, I keep a secret list of bathroom non-washers. It’s on the wiki. – San Francisco
10. My boss told me to “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.” Now I’m sitting in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman. – Nashville
It makes you wonder what anonymous confessions brokers would make...