Suncorp is offering financial assistance to customers who were impacted by the bushfires in northern and central Queensland.
“Suncorp’s financial relief package provides customers with flexible finance options during times of hardship due to extreme natural hazard events, including the devastating fires we’re seeing in Queensland,” said David Carter, Suncorp CEO banking and wealth. “We encourage customers who have been impacted to contact us, so we can discuss the measures available to support them.”
Relief-assistance options available to impacted customers include:
- An opportunity to defer loan repayments for a period;
- Resident, personal, business, and agricultural loan rearranging without the cost of most bank fees;
- Waive early withdrawal fees for those clients wishing to withdraw from term deposits;
- Refund of merchant rental fees for a period;
- Credit card repayment relief where necessary; and
- An opportunity to defer up to three monthly repayments on equipment finance facilities.
Suncorp customers should contact the insurer by calling 13 11 55 or by visiting its website. Impacted Business Bank customers should contact their relationship manager for further assistance.