Gallagher Bassett has been named gold sponsor of the 2019 National Workers’ Compensation Summit, with one GB leader to attend the event as a speaker.
The summit will be held on Feb. 18-19 at Crowne Melbourne, to offer perspectives from government representatives on such topics as current national legislative changes and future proposals, claims management, self-insurance, injury prevention and management, mental health, and well-being initiatives, and more.
Stacey Williams, GB’s executive general manager of sales and engagement, will talk about “New Perspectives on Personal Injury Management” alongside representatives from the Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency Services (NTPFES). The presentation will focus on how their partnership manages some of the challenges commonly faced by emergency services.
“It’s becoming increasingly important to unite people in our industry to exchange ideas,” Stacey said. “Emergency services personnel see a higher proportion of primary psychological claims due to the challenging and high-risk nature of their work.”
Other notable speakers will include:
- Joana Horton – lead author of Sunrise Industries Report, Data61, CSIRO
- Clare Amies – chief executive of Worksafe Victoria
- Alex Collie – director of the insurance work and health research group at Monash University’s School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Matt Bannan – customer group executive at Workcover QLD; and
- Danny Kilpatrick – manager of health and return to work at SafeWork NSW.