The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) has announced the winners of the 2018 New Zealand Insurance Industry Awards.
Now in its seventh year, the awards recognise the top performing individuals and companies spanning the breadth of New Zealand insurance.
The winner’s for each category are:
- Small – Medium Broking Company of the Year: O’Connor Warren Insurance Brokers
- Large Broking Company of the Year: Rothbury Insurance Brokers
- Underwriting Agency of the Year: Delta Insurance
- Direct General Insurance Company of the Year: AA Insurance
- Intermediated Insurance Company of the Year: QBE Insurance
- Life Insurance Company of the Year: Fidelity Life
- Innovation of the Year: Accuro Health Insurance
- Service Provider to the Industry of the Year: CoreLogic
- Professional Services Firm of the Year: Finity Consulting
- Insurance Learning Program of the Year: AA Insurance
- Young Insurance Professionals Employer of the Year: Delta Insurance
- Women’s Employer of the Year: IAG New Zealand
- Young Insurance Professional of the Year: Rene Swindley, Frank Risk Management
- Insurance Leader of the Year: Chris Black, FMG
- ANZIIF Lifetime Achievement Awards: David Archer
QBE New Zealand general manager Bill Donovan said awards like this are testament to the hard work and effort put in by the teams across the business.
“So, I would like to thank and congratulate our people at QBE for the commitment and enthusiasm with which they approach their work every day,” he noted. “Thanks and credit must also go to our broker partners for their ongoing commitment, hard work and loyalty, without which we would not be able to achieve great customer outcomes.”
Rothbury Insurance Brokers managing director Roger Abel, meanwhile, highlighted that being recognised for the fifth year in a row is very pleasing and a real endorsement of the work they do as a business.
“Our people are the reason for our success, so this award is for the entire Rothbury team,” he added.