Argo Surety, a member of Argo Group, has announced a new and increased Treasury listing capacity. The company can now consider single bonds up to US$100 million. Argo Surety has also expanded its appetite to support eligible customers for an aggregate surety bond of up to US$300 million, the company said.
In addition, the firm has announced the hiring of Bobby Bang as director of strategic operations, Steve Parnas as vice president of contract, eastern region, and Christine Marchetti as assistant vice president for commercial, northeastern region.
Bang has been director of process engineering at Argo Group since 2016 and has nearly 20 years of experience in project management. He has also held positions at Brickhouse Resources, Spinnaker International, Recall, and Newell Rubbermaid.
Parnas has 25 years of experience in the surety sector. Prior to joining Argo Surety, he served as a regional vice president at Zurich North America. He has also held positions at IWG Group and Travelers.
Marchetti brings seven years of industry experience to her role. She began her career at Aspen in 2012.
Argo Surety has also announced the following promotions:
- Amanda Weiss has been promoted to vice president, national underwriting officer and distribution strategy.
- Tara Quigley has transitioned to a role at Argo Pro, the company’s US professional lines business.
- Kyle Davis has been promoted to vice president of field management.
- Michelle Stukey has been promoted to underwriting director and will lead a new portfolio management team.
- Chris Raines has been promoted to underwriting director, contract, for the central region.
- Chris Bolla has been promoted to assistant vice president, commercial, for the west region.
- Mark Noonan has been promoted to assistant vice president, commercial, for the southeast region.
“Argo Surety’s success is based on the sheer talent of our underwriters and their ability to connect with distribution partners to identify profitable business,” said Joshua Betz, president of Argo Surety. “Our expanded appetite and our growing team is a direct response to the feedback we’re receiving from our distribution partners. There’s increasing demand in the marketplace, and we’re positioned well to fulfil it.”