The annual event acknowledges the accomplishments of individuals and businesses and recognises talents in the Australian insurance sector.
Submissions in 17 categories are now open, with the judging panel seeking individuals and organisations that can showcase how they have supported their customers, community, and their employees over the last year.
“We are overjoyed to see the return of the industry's night of nights, following a year without physical events. The Australian insurance awards hold great significance for industry as they provide a platform for us to come together and celebrate the achievements and positive impact we have on our people and community,” said ANZIIF chief executive officer Prue Willsford.
This year, ANZIIIF tweaked its general insurance categories – including categories for small, medium, and large general insurance companies with criteria focused on customer outcomes. It also revised the broking and authorised representative (AR) categories, with AR companies now eligible to enter the broking categories.
The Australian Insurance Industry Awards categories for 2021 are:
- Small Broking Company of the Year
- Medium Broking Company of the Year
- Large Broking Company of the Year
- Authorised Representative Network of the Year
- Underwriting Agency of the Year
- Small General Insurance Company of the Year
- Medium General Insurance Company of the Year
- Large General Insurance Company of the Year
- Life Insurance Company of the Year
- Insurtech Program of the Year
- Professional Services Firm of the Year
- Service Provider to the Insurance Industry
- Excellence in Workplace Diversity and Inclusion
- Insurance Learning Program of the Year
- Young Insurance Professional of the Year
- Insurance Leader of the Year
- ANZIIF Lifetime Achievement Award
Submissions close on July 02, 2021.