Gallagher Bassett has celebrated its first anniversary in managing claims for the Northern Territory government.
Since GB was appointed to the account on Nov. 13 last year, GB’s NT team has grown from five members as it welcomed a number of local Territorians to the GB family – 18 of whom are celebrating their first anniversary this week.
Some significant achievements and milestones shared by the team are:
- Creating a brand-new team, spread across three different locations in the NT;
- Receiving 440 claims at the commencement of the contract and managing a further 400 claims over the past year;
- John Deane, operations manager, being named a finalist for the Young Insurance Professional of the Year category in the NT Insurance Industry Awards;
- Return-to-work specialists Karlie Clausen winning Customer Service Professional of the Year at the NT Insurance Industry Awards and Amanda Hoepper winning GB’s National Gallagher Way award; and
- Winning the Insurance Industry Innovation of the Year award at the 2018 ANZIIF Awards for its innovative online LaunchPad, designed to simplify and enhance the claims experience for employers, government agencies, and injured workers.
“The team have had a huge year,” said Ben Sheat, said GB’s general manager for self-insurance. “I’m really impressed with way they have engaged with the local community and integrated themselves into the territory. It makes me so proud to hear the work that they are doing, and the positive impact they are having on the lives of their customers. Well done team, and congratulations on your first anniversary!”