The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) has announced that submissions for the Australian Insurance Industry Awards are now open.
The awards, in its 15th year, provide an opportunity for industry professionals to celebrate and recognise individual and company excellence. They also encourage reflection on the industry’s successes while looking to the future.
“Each year, we come together to award and acknowledge those in the industry demonstrating a high level of excellence,” ANZIIF chief executive officer Prue Willsford said. “The awards provide us the opportunity to celebrate the ways in which we are exceeding expectations and to further cement the level of excellence we should each aspire to achieve for ourselves, and our customers.”
This year, a new award category was added for Insurtech Program of the Year. The award was created in recognition of the importance that insurtech is playing in the insurance ecosystem.
Another category formed this year is the Authorised Representative Group of the Year, which will be awarded to an AFSL insurance broking company, which operates entirely under an authorised representative model.
Other categories include:
- Small Broking Company of the Year
- Medium Broking Company of the Year
- Large Broking Company of the Year
- Underwriting Agency of the Year
- Direct General Insurance Company of the Year
- Small–Medium General Insurance Company of the Year
- Large General Insurance Company of the Year
- Life Insurance Company of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Professional Services Firm of the Year
- Service Provider to the Insurance Industry
- Women’s Employer of the Year
- Authorised Representative Group of the Year
- Insurtech Program of the Year
- Young Insurance Professionals Employer of the Year
- Young Insurance Professional of the Year
- Insurance Learning Program of the Year
- Insurance Leader of the Year
- ANZIIF Lifetime Achievement Award.
Don’t forget that Insurance Business is hosting its own awards ceremony in Sydney on May 04. You can find out more about the awards here.