The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) has officially opened submissions for the New Zealand Insurance Industry Awards.
Now in its eighth year, the awards celebrate the accomplishments of individuals and businesses in New Zealand.
“We believe it’s important for the insurance industry to come together to celebrate and recognise the achievements of industry leaders and businesses and the positive impact they have on our community,” ANZIIF chief executive Prue Willsford said. “New Zealand is fortunate to have so many talented individuals and innovators who are contributing to the growth of the insurance industry.”
This year, ANZIIF introduced a new category – Excellence in Workplace Diversity and Inclusion. It recognises the need for businesses to create diverse and inclusive workplaces which includes for example gender, culture, ability and age diversity.
The 2019 Awards categories are include:
- Small — Medium Broking Company of the Year
- Large Broking Company of the Year
- Underwriting Agency of the Year
- Direct General Insurance Company of the Year
- Intermediated Insurance Company of the Year
- Life Insurance Company of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Professional Services Firm of the Year
- Service Provider to the Industry of the Year
- Excellence in Workplace Diversity and Inclusion
- Insurance Learning Program of the Year
- Young Insurance Professional of the Year
- Broking Professional of the Year
- Insurance Leader of the Year
- ANZIIF Lifetime Achievement Award
Willsford is urging industry professionals to apply and participate in the event. Submissions close July 12.