AXA has released the results of its annual shareholders’ meeting Thursday in Paris, as well as the launch of the “AXA For Progress Index,” a measure of the company’s progress in environmental sustainability and inclusivity.
All resolutions recommended by AXA’s board of directors were approved during the shareholders’ meeting, including:
- The appointment as directors for a four-year term of Guillaume Faury and Ramon Fernandez.
- The reappointment as director of Ramon de Oliveira for a four-year term.
- The payment of a €1.43 (about $1.72) dividend per share for the 2020 fiscal year, to be paid on May 11.
Launch of the AXA For Progress Index
At last year’s shareholders’ meeting, AXA presented its purpose, “Acting for human progress in protecting what matters,” to define its mission. At the shareholders’ meeting Thursday, the company launched the AXA For Progress Index to measure and amplify the impact of that purpose through defined objectives:
- 20% reduction of the carbon footprint of the general account assets by 2025.
- Development of the green investment portfolio to reach €25 billion (about $30.07 billion) by 2023.
- Strengthening the share of insurance products with a positive impact on the environment, through the guarantees or services offered.
- Promotion of inclusive insurance for vulnerable populations.
- Corporate responsibility
- Training all employees on climate issues by 2023.
- Carbon neutrality for AXA activities by 2025 though reducing emissions from its operations by 20% and offsetting residual emissions.
The AXA For Progress Index will also incorporate AXA’s position in the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment, which recognises the financial sector’s most responsible companies.
“After defining our purpose, the launch of the AXA For Progress Index is an important step which will allow it to permeate all of our actions,” said Thomas Buberl, CEO of AXA. “We will also accelerate its deployment by integrating the index’s objectives into our executive compensation criteria. This initiative reinforces our approach of confirming AXA’s responsible commitments towards all its stakeholders.”