The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has unveiled its line-up of speakers and topics for the annual ICA Regulatory Update Seminar, which will include representatives from QBE, Suncorp and APRA.
The seminar will take place on March 5 in Sydney, with confirmed speakers including:
• Prominent economist Professor Ian Harper (Access Economics)
• Former politician John Della Bosca (National campaign director, NDIS)
• Journalist, commentator and author George Megalogenis
• Mark Milliner, ICA President and Suncorp CEO Personal Insurance
• Andy Cornish, CEO Direct Insurance, IAG
• Ian Laughlin, Member, APRA
• Peter McCarthy, Partner, Ernst & Young
• Richard Enthoven, Managing Director, Hollard Insurance
• Colin Fagan, CEO Australian Operations, QBE
• Tim Clark, Chief Actuary, IAG
• Ian Enright, Independent Reviewer of the General Insurance Code of Practice
• Annabelle Butler, Executive Manager Public Affairs & Stakeholder Management, Suncorp
• Keith Chapman, Executive General Manager, Diversified Institutions Division, APRA
Insurance Council CEO Rob Whelan said this year’s Regulatory Update Seminar provided a key opportunity for insurers, brokers, actuaries, regulators, claims staff and related professionals to hear the latest on Australia’s regulatory environment.
“After many years of providing a sterling seminar to the general insurance industry, the ICA decided this year’s event would take another step forward,” he said.
“We’ve reinvigorated it, moving to the Hilton Sydney and revamping the structure and topics to ensure our attendees receive the information they will find crucial for the year ahead.”
Topics include: Is more regulation better; What the 2013 Federal Election may mean for insurers and business; the General Insurance Code of Practice Review; the economic case for private underwriting of accident compensation schemes; and financial inclusion.