Independent broking group Insurance Advisernet (IA) wrapped up its sold-out conference and awards on the Gold Coast earlier this week.
Over 600 delegates were in attendance for the three-day conference and awards - including authorised representatives (ARs) from Australia, brokers from New Zealand, and their insurers and service partners.
Speakers included Dr Richard Harris, the Thai rescue diver, Matt Church, Matina Jewel and Briony Akle, head coach of NSW Swifts.
In the conference, IA MD Shaun Standfield conducted a closed session outlining initiatives to grow an adviser business and “what's next” for Australia's number one AR network. Meanwhile, Ian Carr provided an update on the IA Foundation, which again raised a significant amount this year through their raffle and auction.
The 2022 award winners were:
- Business Development Manager of the Year – Jamie Janouris (Vero)
- Insurer of the Year – Berkley
- Underwriting Agency of the Year – NTI
- Funder of the Year – Elantis
- Employee of the Year – Kate Phanoraj
- Chairman's Award – John Lewis (Astute Insurance Services)
- IA Region of the Year – Central Region led by Simon Elliot
- Southern Region Practice of the Year – Westside Insurance Specialists
- Northern Region Practice of the Year – h2 Insurance
- Central Region Practice of the Year – allinsure
- Overall Practice of the Year – Joint Winners: Westside and h2 Insurance
IA is one of the largest and most respected general insurance businesses in Australia and New Zealand, with an ever-growing network of authorised insurance advice practices. This year, it was one of the winners at the 2022 Insurance Business Australia Awards and was included in Insurance Business Australia's Fast Brokerages 2022 and Top Brokerages 2022 reports.