The results are in and Insurance Business
is proud to announce the thirty leading brokers in Australia.
The 2015 Elite Broker rankings received applications from around the country and narrowing down the shortlist was a tough task.
The third annual Elite Broker ranking comes as competition in the market continues to heat up but Ron Tatarka, managing director of Scott Winton Insurance Brokers
, was able to hold on to the top spot in our rankings for the third straight year.
Melbourne-based Tatarka called his third successive top ranking “very humbling” and gave brokers the key to a strong business.
“It really is referral business that’s coming in,” Tatarka said.
Second-ranked Russell Bresland, owner of Bresland Consultants
an AR of Insurance Advisernet, backed Tatarka’s view on referral business and gave said there are three things that drive his business.
“Service, service and service,” Bresland said.
“If you’ve got the right service and the right knowledge, the clients will remain with you for many, many years.
“When you look at how the business is growing, it’s growing exponentially and where does it come from? Word of mouth – we don’t advertise.
“It’s just referral, referral, referral and talking to clients and getting the referrals and that’s how our business grows,” Bresland continued.
Simon Althaus, state manager for NSW at Scott Winton, and Kevin Forrest, managing director of Australian Insurance Services, tied for third place to round out the podium.
A newcomer to the list was senior account executive at Allinsure, Tate Harris. With his tie for 8th
place, Harris was one of the top three newcomers and spoke of his shock at the industry recognition.
“To be honest, it was a bit of a shock,” Harris said.
“I suppose it’s sort of my first pat on the back and a bit of industry recognition that I’ve experienced so from that perspective I was excited.
“I hadn’t put in for anything before and didn’t know what to expect so when I got the email I was like ‘Get out!’”
The Insurance Business Elite Brokers 2015:
1) Ron Tatarka - Scott Winton Insurance Brokers
2) Russell Bresland - Bresland Consultants
Pty Ltd (AR for Insurance Advisernet Australia
=3) Kevin Forrest - Australian Insurance Services Pty Ltd
=3) Simon Althaus - Scott Winton Insurance Brokers
5) Ken Dixon - Dixon Insurance Services Pty Ltd (AR for Westcourt General
6) Peter Chamberlain - Allinsure
7) Zara Mends - National Credit Insurance
=8) Tate Harris - Allinsure
=8) Victor Dabrowski - Securitex Financial Services Pty Ltd
10) David Summers - Markey Insurance Brokers
11) Michael Stewart - Stewart Insurance Group Pty Ltd
=12) David Smith - Scott Winton Insurance Brokers
=12) Karen Hardy - ACME Insurance Brokers
14) Oliver Whittingham - Matrix Insurance Group
15) Avi Tatarka - Scott Winton Insruance Brokers
16) Luke Phillips - Gardian Insurance Services
=17) David Coe - Northwest Insurance
=17) Kay Jackson - Simplex Insurance Solutions
19) Prudence Chang - National Credit Insurance
20) Trent Mockford - Brookvale Insurance Brokers
21) Karlo Abrenio - Megalines Insurance and Risk Advisers (AR for Westcourt General
22) Karen Frazer - Shield Trade Credit Pty Ltd (AR for Winley Insurance Group)
23) Bunmi Ajayi - Magalines Insurance and Risk Advisers (AR for Westcourt General
24) Shane Moore - Trade Risk (AR for Westcourt General
=25) Ben Spokes - Crowe Horwath Insurance =25) Brokers
=25) David Clarke - Elliott Insurance Brokers
27) Adam Pile - Your Risk Adviser
28) John Craven - AR with MGA Insurance Brokers
29) Daniel Webber - Webber Insurance Services (AR for Westcourt General
30) Vanessa Davis - B&L Financial Services (AR for Westcourt General