More 700 claims-management partners, providers, insurance brokers, and NSW employers celebrated outstanding service delivery in the NSW workers’ compensation industry at the 2018 Care and Service Excellence (CASE) Awards.
QBE’s Chenara Hill was recognized with the outstanding individual for care and support award, Allianz Australia’s NSW workers’ compensation customer experience team was recognised for its outstanding care and support, Gallagher Bassett’s NSW consulting team won for its outstanding specialist care services, and Gallagher workplace risk scooped the excellence and innovation in injury management award.
Mark Pittman, general manager of government services at Allianz, won the lifetime achievement award for driving innovation for customers across the workers’ compensation industry. He led the implementation of Behavioural Insight Principles in workers’ compensation in 2015 and championed the Allianz SeekSMART Program, a program which assists workers through their redeployment journey.
Other award winners are as follows:
- Young professional of the year – Rachel Biddiscombe of WorkFocus Australia
- Outstanding Individual for specialist care services – Liz Brownlee of Wise OT Solutions
- Excellence and innovation in injury management – IPAR Rehabilitation’s PositivumTM assessment and health coaching
- Excellence in injury prevention – Buildcorp Group and Komatsu Mining Group
- Customer excellence – I-MED Radiology Network
John Nagle, icare CEO and managing director, congratulated the award winners and acknowledged the efforts of finalists who worked to achieve the best outcomes for injured people and employers.
“The award winners are incredible examples of employees and teams going above and beyond what is required and being truly innovative to improve outcomes for their customers,” Nagle said. “The individuals and teams recognised … were true examples of excellence and something we should all, as an industry, aspire to.”