Cowbell to host first-ever Cyber Insurance Day | Insurance Business America
Cyber insurance provider Cowbell is hosting its first-ever Cyber Insurance Day on Wednesday, in collaboration with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the Small Business Alliance (SBA), the Small Business Digital Alliance, the Cyber Threat Alliance, and the Cyber Readiness Institute. The event will be held Wednesday from 3-7pm at the National Union Building in Washington, D.C.
The event aims to bridge the gap between cybersecurity and cyber insurance, Cowbell said. According to the 2022 Cowbell Q1 Cyber Round-up report, 74% of policyholders said they felt more prepared to respond to a cyber incident since purchasing cyber insurance, and 79% agreed that cyber insurance was worth the cost. During the event, Cowbell and its partners will share resources to increase awareness of cyber risk, cyber insurance and cybersecurity for agents, brokers and SMEs.
“Cowbell’s specialization in cyber insurance and dedication to SMEs is further enriching public-private partnerships toward the goal of creating a cyber-resilient America,” said Jack Kudale, founder and CEO of Cowbell. “In the wake of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, the takeaways from this event will be extremely pertinent for every SME leader in the audience.”
The sold-out event will feature two panel discussions: “The Evolution of Cyber Threats” Today and Tomorrow” and “Closing the Insurability Gap through Policy and Partnership.” It will also feature a “fireside chat” titled “The Importance of Cyber Resilience” with Kudale and CISA chief of staff Kiersten Todt.
Read next: Cowbell, Swiss Re partner on cyber coverage for cloud businesses
Panelists at the event include:
- Cassius Butts, former regional SBA administrator
- Jennifer Coughlin, founding partner at Mullen and Coughlin
- Michael Davis, president and CEO, Cyber Threat Alliance
- Karen Evans, managing director, Cyber Readiness Institute
- Liz Fairchild, executive director, Business Forward
- Sean Kevelighan, CEO, Insurance Information Institute
- Marion Krueger, content marketing lead, Cowbell
- Jack Kudale, founder and CEO, Cowbell
- Phil Reitinger, president and CEO, Global Cyber Alliance
- Manu Singh, director of risk engineering, Cowbell
- Kiersten Todt, chief of staff, CISVincent Voci, vice president of cyber policy and operations, US Chamber of Commerce
“As America’s cyber defense agency, CISA is focused on ensuring that this nation’s critical infrastructure is resilient to cyber threats,” Todt said. “One of our greatest opportunities for doing so is through operational collaboration between government and industry. We appreciate that companies like Cowbell are recognizing the importance of providing platforms to help the public and private sector drive down risk together.”