London-headquartered Aon Plc has released its financial results for the first quarter of 2019 – revealing positive changes in terms of revenue, operating income, and net income attributable to shareholders.
The global professional services firm enjoyed US$3.1 billion (around £2.39 billion) in revenue for the first three months of the year, with the total amount signifying a 2% rise from the figure posted in the same period in 2018.
Broken down in terms of offerings, here are the revenue numbers:
- Commercial Risk Solutions – US$1.1 billion, down 6%
- Reinsurance Solutions – US$788 million, up 6%
- Retirement Solutions – US$420 million, down 1%
- Health Solutions – US$486 million, up 8%
- Data & Analytic Services – US$336 million, up 14%
Aon’s overall operating income, meanwhile, grew 9% from US$799 million to US$872 million.
As for net income from continuing operations attributable to shareholders, the figure amounted to US$659 million. This is higher than last year’s US$588 million, as well as than the US$594 million total from the first quarter of 2018 which included the net income from discontinued operations.