It has been quite the week for insurance role models between the recognition of Alex Margolin of Sioma Insurance Consultants as BIBA’s ‘Young Broker of the Year 2021’ and the posthumous honouring of Forces Insurance’s Keith Frampton with the 2021 Francis Perkins Award.
Now EMpower’s ethnic minority role model lists are showcasing ethnic minorities in the UK, Ireland, Europe, and people of colour in the US and Canada who are breaking down barriers at work.
The Yahoo Finance-supported initiative recognised a range of business professionals and, as outlined below, several familiar insurance faces have been recognised under several banners - ‘Future Leaders’, ‘Executive Role Models’ and ‘Advocates’.
Top 100 ‘Future Leaders’
- Felix Wong, executive assistant to the chief operating officer, Allianz UK at #26
- Ajay Mistry, head of digital sales & marketing, Clear Insurance Management Ltd at #32
- Shreeya Paudel, client relationship manager, Aviva Investors at #39
- Elisha St Hilaire, project manager, Aon at #49
- Adobea Atsrefi, third party governance officer, personal insurance, AIG UK at #57
- Arzu Ozdemir, strategy associate, human resources, AIG at #59
- Malaika Jawed, associate solicitor, BLM at #80
Top 100 ‘Executive Role Models’
- Dr Paula Franklin, chief medical officer, Bupa Group
- Maxine Goddard, senior vice-president, strategic distribution and development, Sompo International Insurance
- Chika Aghadiuno, group enterprise risk director, Aviva
- Sam Patel, chief counsel, AXA Health
Top 50 ‘Advocates’
- Dominic Christian, global chairman, reinsurance solutions, Aon