ACORD, the standards-setting body for the global insurance industry, has kickstarted 2022 by announcing its updated board of directors, which consists of 21 members, including two new directors: Venkat Krishnamoorthy and Dr. Christian Schaffer.
Krishnamoorthy is the chief technology officer (CTO) at Hamilton Insurance Group (Hamilton), where he leads the technology transformation of speciality insurance and reinsurance platforms. With almost 30 years of experience in digital technology, software development and operations, product development, and engineering, he has successfully led global digital transformation efforts in the finance and education industries.
He joined Hamilton from Coleman Research, where he served as a CTO who led its digital transformation and new SaaS product development. Previously, he was the vice president for digital technology at McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
Meanwhile, Dr. Schaffer is the head of reinsurance accounting (life and non-life) at Munich Re Group (Munich Re) and acts as the global process owner for the technical accounting and claims processing of the company's reinsurance group.
From 2010 to 2021, he led Munich Re's corporate performance and capital management department in group controlling and was the chief financial officer of DKV Belgium S.A. He also previously held various positions in the company's finance division. Before joining Munich Re, he was a lecturer at the Institute for Accounting, Auditing, and Analysis at the Munich School of Management at Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich.
Commenting on the refreshed board of directors, ACORD president and CEO Bill Pieroni said: “In the midst of accelerating transformation, ACORD is more focused than ever on serving our members and the global insurance industry.
“The years of industry experience, expertise, and leadership of our incoming board will be vital in furthering this mission and delivering value to our community.”
Returning members of the ACORD board of directors include:
- Robert Kelly (board chair) managing director and CEO, Steadfast Group Limited;
- Kevin Tobin (board vice chair) president and CEO, Marsh Insurance Services Group;
- Colleen Batman, SVP, SC & PL operations, The Hartford Financial Services Group;
- Richard Brame, senior director, Willis Towers Watson (WTW);
- Rebecca Bunyan, chief information and change officer, Lloyd's of London;
- Bill Devine, senior vice president, business capabilities office, Travelers;
- Julie Dillman, executive vice president and digital transformation officer, Chubb Group;
- Ian Haycock, chief data officer, managing director, group operations, Swiss Re;
- John Kellington, SVP & CIO, The Cincinnati Insurance Companies;
- Mark Knipfer, chief operations and technology officer, Zurich North America;
- Steve Lundin, chief operating officer, sales operations, M Financial Group;
- Ian Macartney, senior vice president, head of innovation and digital, Argo Group US;
- Dave Matcham, FCII, chief executive, International Underwriting Association of London;
- Patrick Molineux, managing director, London Insurance Market Operations and Strategic Sourcing (LIMOSS);
- Bill Pieroni, president and CEO, ACORD;
- Robert Rusbuldt, president and CEO, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA);
- Dr. Ralf Schneider, group CIO, Allianz SE;
- Laura Titas, senior vice president, chief data officer, Nationwide; and
- Vlad Yekelchik, chief information officer, EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants.