Sedgwick is observing its 50th anniversary this year with a yearlong celebration entitled “50 Forward: the future of caring”.
“Throughout the year, we will pay tribute to our past and celebrate our bright future. Sedgwick has many achievements to be proud of, and at the center is our proven ability to meet our clients’ needs,” said David A. North, president and CEO of Sedgwick.
The company recently published its “Forward thinking 2019” list, which highlights industry trends that employers and risk management professionals should watch for this year.
“Over the past 50 years, we have helped our clients prepare for changes, control costs, improve outcomes and successfully respond to the needs of their businesses. To ensure ongoing success, we must continue to deliver the highest level of service to our clients across the globe. This includes providing solutions and expertise to help our clients manage the wide array of issues they face. A critical part of this is keeping them informed on evolving industry changes.”
Sedgwick experts believe the following trends will significantly evolve in 2019:
- Preparing for emerging risks
- Planning for the unexpected
- Understanding the impact of the sharing economy on the workforce
- Adapting to generational change
- Embracing next-level technology
- Ensuring data security
- Elevating customer experience
- Using technology to improve loss adjustment
- New healthcare strategies
- Tailoring recovery
- Advancing value-based care
- Addressing mental health in the workplace
- Broadening claims expertise
- Managing product-liability and recall risk
- Building skilled claims teams
- Understanding the benefits of integrated disability systems
More on the “Forward thinking 2019” list can be found on Sedgwick’s website.